Georgia on my mind

Yopparai

Reaction score
Well, since y'all didn't throw tomatos at my first attempt, I will toss out another. Georgia on my mind - a bit rough in both my playing and in audio quality. Somewhere in the middle a C130 buzzes the house.

That little uke is slippery and chooses the most awkward times to try and run away.Getting my fingers used to the tiny scale is also a challenge, but man, I can get a 10 fret stretch. Try that on a guitar.

I am a creature of [bad] habit, but feel free to make suggestions at to what I should really be doing differently.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FTPPBmsd5dE

I based it on the lesson from www.bugsgear.com. There is tab there, as well as video instruction. Particularly useful if you speak Japanese... I don't. I used the tab to get the basic idea, then listened to the video a lot.

And thanks for the banjo-props!

Cool, definitely next on my list of songs to learn.

As for the banjo, I've been listening to guys like Roscoe Holcomb, Pete Seeger, Earl Scruggs, and Doc Watson a lot, which has inspired my style on uke. I use a lot of the up-tempo banjo-type finger picking when I write my own stuff. It sounds kinda weird, but I like it. Next instrument I buy will definitely be a banjo though!

Top Bottom