Rare appearance of Devine Ukuleles on ebay

Stevelele

Reaction score
Wow. That's lotsa money. That's lotsa uke.

The first one is being sold directly by Devine and won't be complete until January. Base price for a custom Tenor is $3500. I guess all the bling quickly adds up. I had not realized these were that much more expensive than Moore Bettah ukes.

$8K? Wow.

I mean, I knew the top-shelf customs were expensive, but that's close to 3 or 4 times more than I had expected. I just figured a DeVine or Moore Betta would run between $2,500 and $3,000

Well, the good thing is I can stop even the wildest fantasy about ever having one of these, because there is just no way it will happen. And for those who can afford one, good for you!

$8K? Wow.

I mean, I knew the top-shelf customs were expensive, but that's close to 3 or 4 times more than I had expected. I just figured a DeVine or Moore Betta would run between $2,500 and $3,000

Well, the good thing is I can stop even the wildest fantasy about ever having one of these, because there is just no way it will happen. And for those who can afford one, good for you!
No doubt they're exquisite but yep, time to dream a new dream for me too...sheesh...

I can't afford it either....but I would love to meet someone who has had the privilege to play one so we can live vicariously.

wow, I wasn't expecting that. He looks like a bodybuilder

Devine's base price for a Tenor is $3500. Moore's is $2000. Purfling, binding & inlay can quickly push the price up for either. Purely personal preference, but I like Chuck's design aesthetic more bettah. Maybe after a decade or so of consistent practice, if/when I can produce some halfway respectable music...maybe then I'll plan a trip to the Big Island to see if Chuck has a NSB Tenor "on hand".

... if you live in Hawaii or plan on vacationing here, you are welcomed to visit my shop. I try to keep something on hand at all times. Call ahead for directions and availability of instruments.

Hmmm......Never tried them, maybe too rich for my blood in my lifetime...but they do look nice..

$8K? Wow.

Yeah. I fell in love with Devine ukes after my love affair with MB started. Figured it would be about the same price but maybe not as much. Then I priced one...yeah...I can always dream though.

I have to say, for the quality Chuck Moore delivers, his instruments are really, really inexpensive. One of the reasons, I suppose, that Moore Bettah ukes pretty much vaporize on contact with the marketplace-- I've never seen a Moore Bettah available for sale for more than a few minutes. I'd love to own one of those tasty tenors, but demand waaaaaay outstrips supply....

The first one is being sold directly by Devine and won't be complete until January. Base price for a custom Tenor is $3500. I guess all the bling quickly adds up. I had not realized these were that much more expensive than Moore Bettah ukes.

Chuck's work is without peer,....so don't let his super reasonable prices fool you! Worth every bit what these are in monetary terms. (size for size) Still can't believe they sell so low from "the source", when the secondary market is higher.

......Chuck just loves building. :D

BYW,....i bet these don't sell out in 20 minutes or less! :eek: (even though they do look mighty fine!)

Last edited:
I have to say, for the quality Chuck Moore delivers, his instruments are really, really inexpensive. One of the reasons, I suppose, that Moore Bettah ukes pretty much vaporize on contact with the marketplace-- I've never seen a Moore Bettah available for sale for more than a few minutes. I'd love to own one of those tasty tenors, but demand waaaaaay outstrips supply....

Chuck makes some of the highest quality instruments I've ever seen and he is very modest with the pricing of his instruments (although I think they could be priced right up there with DeVine and worth every penny of it too). They are true recording level instruments and aesthetically, unparalleled in their own rite.

Eric is also a phenomenal luthier and his workmanship is absolutely stunning as well. Love the resonance and sustain of his instruments too. (Just ask Eddie Vedder and Kimo Hussey if you don't believe me).

Both Chuck and Eric each have a very respectable following and are certainly two of my favorite luthiers...

Shawn
http://ukulelefriend.com

Truly magnificent instruments, the figure in the timber is really beautiful as is the overall design and detailed finish. They seem to be a very practical and user friendly design as well with the cup holder section in the upper bout (sorry someone had to say it) just kidding, I would love one too.

Wow 8k? I was hoping to own one of these when i thought they were 3.5K but 8 knocks then out of my budget. They are gorgeous but unfortunately real life constraints set in at the 8K level :(

Truly magnificent instruments, the figure in the timber is really beautiful as is the overall design and detailed finish. They seem to be a very practical and user friendly design as well with the cup holder section in the upper bout (sorry someone had to say it) just kidding, I would love one too.

I thought everybody wanted cup holders in there ukes?

I figured I'd chime in before too many people got scared off. Yes, it is listed for 8k, which is a little little higher than normal. The reason I listed this uke was purely for advertising (I'm hoping it doesn't sell). It is one of 2 ukes that I am building to take to the uke fest in Thailand in February. So, if it doesn't sell, it will come with me to Thailand. I also would never under-price Puapua on Ebay. They have been great friends and customers for many years.

And while this particular uke is loaded with extra bling, my ukes still do start at $3500 with lots of goodies, including gold series Ameritage cases, Waverly tuners, curly koa top back sides, binding, fretboard binding, inlayed koa logo, ect.
So, don't let this one scare you off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom