Favorite fighter

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
who is your favorite fighter and why? doesnt have to be mma, btw.

my favorites are:
  1. Clay Guida: he is a MANIAC! he is a true fighter. i dont like to watch fights where the fighters are tired and throwing lame punches. Guida swings for the fences every time.
  2. Anderson Silva: hes super down-to-earth and his knees are destructive
  3. Georges st. Pierre: really a dynamic fighter, his 2nd fight with Matt Hughes was awesome. (except for the nut-kicking)
  4. Pre-old age Randy Couture: another really down-to-earth guy. great technique
  5. Forrest Griffin: super dedicated to the sport. as a child, he cut the webbings between his fingers so he could palm a basketball.

i like Matt Hughes style, great execution and technique, but hes a snob. i hate the look on his face.
Rampage Jackson is okay style-wise, but hes another stuck-up jerk. before the griffin fight, his coach said he would retire if Rampage lost. he did.
B.J. Penn is another fighter with technique, but i dont think hes all hes portrayed to be. hes portrayed as a nice guy, but after the Jens Pulver fight, he was kind of a douche.

ill put up more if i think of it.

1. G.S.P. - because hes a BAMF and his sprawl ratio is off the roof. like i cant remember the last person to take down GSP, he fights so CLEAN!

2. Forrest Griffin - i like his stand up game as well as his trasition to ground. when he get your back, people have a tough time.

3. BJ Penn - FROM HAWAII! WHY NOT LOVE HIM! well first off, the dude is quick and doesnt mess around, he has some super mean passes from side control as well. great fighter.

thats all i can think of for now, i havent been watching TV lately, but from the last time i saw, this is my judgement.

who is your favorite fighter and why? doesnt have to be mma, btw.

my favorites are:
  1. Clay Guida: he is a MANIAC! he is a true fighter. i dont like to watch fights where the fighters are tired and throwing lame punches. Guida swings for the fences every time.
  2. Anderson Silva: hes super down-to-earth and his knees are destructive
  3. Georges st. Pierre: really a dynamic fighter, his 2nd fight with Matt Hughes was awesome. (except for the nut-kicking)
  4. Pre-old age Randy Couture: another really down-to-earth guy. great technique
  5. Forrest Griffin: super dedicated to the sport. as a child, he cut the webbings between his fingers so he could palm a basketball.

i like Matt Hughes style, great execution and technique, but hes a snob. i hate the look on his face.
Rampage Jackson is okay style-wise, but hes another stuck-up jerk. before the griffin fight, his coach said he would retire if Rampage lost. he did.
B.J. Penn is another fighter with technique, but i dont think hes all hes portrayed to be. hes portrayed as a nice guy, but after the Jens Pulver fight, he was kind of a douche.

ill put up more if i think of it.

Good list. Definitely a fan of all of them.

BJ Penn is hands down my favorite fighter though. Not only is his jits off the chart, but I don't think he can be hurt. He lost to Matt Hughes via accumulation of blows/poor cardio, but other than that he's a machine. He's undefeated @ 185lbs, and he even held his own in a decision loss against a 205lb Lyoto Machida, which is more than former middleweight champ Rich Franklin can say (Machida KO'd him). The man will fight literally anyone at anytime. Gotta admire that.

1. G.S.P. - because hes a BAMF and his sprawl ratio is off the roof. like i cant remember the last person to take down GSP, he fights so CLEAN!

2. Forrest Griffin - i like his stand up game as well as his trasition to ground. when he get your back, people have a tough time.

3. BJ Penn - FROM HAWAII! WHY NOT LOVE HIM! well first off, the dude is quick and doesnt mess around, he has some super mean passes from side control as well. great fighter.

thats all i can think of for now, i havent been watching TV lately, but from the last time i saw, this is my judgement.

Last person to take GSP down was Koscheck.

wait, serious! where did you read that?

i heard it on UFC unleashed right before the Griffin/Rampage fight. pretty sick right?

on a side note, i cant remember who was fighting, it was Don Frye and a Japanese guy, it was a Pride fight, and it was the funniest thing ive ever seen. it was an all out face smashing contest.

EDIT: i found the fight: Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgAp0jcpYYc

Anderson Silva is deff. the best fighter. He's so technical. B.J. Penn is probably my favorite though. I sort of hate GSP, but he'll be tough for BJ. I hope BJ's been taking his conditioning seriously because GSP doesnt slow down as the rounds progress. I'd like to see Josh Koscheck fight again. His stand-up has really improved since the reality show. I like to look at Gina Carano:eek: and I guess I should mention Renzo Gracie because he indirectly got me into the ukulele. (I was training at his gym in NYC and tore my pec off my shoulder which I had to get surgery to reattach and had to take 2 1/2 months off work before they would let me back so I bought an ukulele to pass the time. Thanks Renzo!)

Anderson Silva is deff. the best fighter. He's so technical. B.J. Penn is probably my favorite though. I sort of hate GSP, but he'll be tough for BJ. I hope BJ's been taking his conditioning seriously because GSP doesnt slow down as the rounds progress. I'd like to see Josh Koscheck fight again. His stand-up has really improved since the reality show. I like to look at Gina Carano:eek: and I guess I should mention Renzo Gracie because he indirectly got me into the ukulele. (I was training at his gym in NYC and tore my pec off my shoulder which I had to get surgery to reattach and had to take 2 1/2 months off work before they would let me back so I bought an ukulele to pass the time. Thanks Renzo!)

koscheck is fighting next weekend in the fight for the troops event on spike.

i heard it on UFC unleashed right before the Griffin/Rampage fight. pretty sick right?

on a side note, i cant remember who was fighting, it was Don Frye and a Japanese guy, it was a Pride fight, and it was the funniest thing ive ever seen. it was an all out face smashing contest.

EDIT: i found the fight: Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgAp0jcpYYc

I remember tht fight...it was amazing

My favorite fighter has to be anderson silva...his agility and his striking is just mean. scary guy to face

1. BJ Penn - Best technical fighter in 155 and 170
2. Shogun Rua - He'll be back in top form, don't worry!
3. Wanderlei - Pure aggression, full throttle all the time
4. Manny Pacquiao - The only reason I still follow boxing!!
5. Anderson Silva - Lands almost every strike he throws, insane!

Another one of my favorites is Brock Lesnar. He showed a lot of respect after fighting Couture. When gets you on the ground, holds you down with one hand and wails on your face with the other, game over. He's gonna stay the champ for a long time, as I see it, cuz he's just too strong and fast. That is one man you do not want to see running towards you. A friend of mine said a good match for Lesnar could be Fedor, but Lesnar still outweighs him by at least 50 lbs. Could be a good fight though
Another fighter Ryan mentioned that I'm starting to watch is Kid Yamamoto. In one of his fights, right after they rang the bell he came out with a flying knee and knocked the other guy out in 4 seconds. Pretty badass

All of the Gracies. I know grappling kinda phased out with the big brawlers and the ground and pound, but grappling is really what the sport is all about.

Another fighter Ryan mentioned that I'm starting to watch is Kid Yamamoto. In one of his fights, right after they rang the bell he came out with a flying knee and knocked the other guy out in 4 seconds. Pretty badass

if you thought BJ was an ass after the pulver match....

wait till you watch some of kids antics.....

Top Bottom