Season 68 - Food, Glorious Food

pabrizzer

Reaction score

Food Glorious Food

Season 68

Songs about or referring to FOOD.

Metaphorical food is fine.

Food for thought is fine.

No need to ask questions. If you think the song fits the requested requirements it does.
Whatever you serve up will be gratefully accepted.

Snacks or feasts are OK. So multi track and add effects as much as you like.

I guess drink will be OK too but I would prefer it to be about what we eat.

Usual rules apply –

Mention the season somewhere please.

Uke front and centre and we do like to see the performer/s.

New videos done for the season only.

Entries in by midnight Sunday, June 9, Hawaii time.

And try not to post your video until Sunday June 2 Hawaii time.

Judging.

It will be me. I am going to pick the one I like best.

It has never been my intention to ‘out source’ (ouch) my judging in the previous seasons I have hosted. I just think that is the best way to get a fair, consensus based result. It was certainly not easier collating all the entrant’s votes as they came in.

So total subjectivity and ME.

Bonus tracks.

Go for it - but they must be newly recorded for this season please.

Prize.

Just one.
A no expense spared, made in China, “Australia” baseball cap.

Entries
Bonus

Last edited:
I haven't entered since March? What? Oy.

I'm going to ponder this and see if I can come up with something to record when I get back from England! Great theme!

Should be a good one Sir... all sorts of random ideas are entering my head already!
I do like Seasons that are "songs mentioning a thing" as they provide a nice wide variety of entries that usually introduce me to all sorts of new songs and artists.
I had a week off last week (I know, sinful!) so I'm looking forward to a fun week :)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this a day early Brian, I really appreciate it.

Hosts

--Each Season begins late Saturday evening mainland U.S. time (the actual hour can vary). At that time the host posts the theme, the rules, and prizes for the week. The host should emphasize that no videos are to be posted until Sunday mainland U.S. time.

Put on your flame suit, we are having a BBQ. At least this one did not drop on Friday.
Once is excusable. New host excitement? Twice is just bad form and disrespectful.
Thanks for posting this a day early Brian, I really appreciate it.

Hosts

--Each Season begins late Saturday evening mainland U.S. time (the actual hour can vary). At that time the host posts the theme, the rules, and prizes for the week. The host should emphasize that no videos are to be posted until Sunday mainland U.S. time.

I just got up Saturday morning, and it's a new Season?
Great theme idea, but you stepped on toes by starting it too early. Around midnight, central US time, is the launch time for a new Season so the previous host gets a full week of pleasure.

I just got up Saturday morning, and it's a new Season?
you stepped on toes by starting it too early. Around midnight, central US time, is the launch time for a new Season so the previous host gets a full week of pleasure.
I have deleted my mistaken early entry.

Thanks Pabrizzer for stepping in and helping out this week.
A situation arose and Brian subbed for us allowing the Seasons to continue
for another glorious week.

Just came back from 8 days visiting Rome and Pompeii with 40 of my students and saw the theme. This a great theme to jump back into the seasons with after missing the previous two. Several songs pop up immediately. This is going to be fun!

Thanks, Dave.
A week flies by and the host should have the full enjoyment of his week in the sun with friends.

Thank you for providing me with some food for thought - see what I did there (week 68 food). I'm sure you won't mind me returning my own food for thought with a quotation from Elbert Hubbard which goes as follows. "Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive" :agree:

I'm sure you won't mind me returning my own food for thought with a quotation from Elbert Hubbard which goes as follows. "Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive"

And here I had always thought this originated with Pogo cartoonist Walt Kelly, who said "Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent". One of my best original songs quoted this. Now I find the line is at least 50 years older than that. Live and learn.

Thanks Pabrizzer for stepping in and helping out this week.
A situation arose and Brian subbed for us allowing the Seasons to continue
for another glorious week.
Yes Drew, thankyou to pabrizzer for stepping in. However, the basic principles of courtesy and respect apply to all, whether you are stepping in to assist at the last minute or otherwise
Thank you for providing me with some food for thought - see what I did there (week 68 food). I'm sure you won't mind me returning my own food for thought with a quotation from Elbert Hubbard which goes as follows. "Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive" :agree:

Dave, I think you are missing the point. It's not about taking life seriously. It's about showing respect to other folks. The time of your entry being posted is irrelevant. When a new season is posted, people move on, we all know that. The migration begins immediately, whether or not you are planning or recording an entry, it's what happens. To post the next week when it is barely the start of the weekend in US is an insult quite frankly and makes me feel like I've wasted my time. It's the principle I'm talking about and it's the second time this has happened. But thanks for the laugh, that's a great quote.

Ok, you will all be glad I am now done with my rant and with this thread. Consider the dummy spit over.

Enjoy your week everyone. Bon Appetit.

:cheers:

With respect to all, might I suggest when one Seasonista rubs another the wrong way, a private message is usually the best way to open a discussion---that way if any feelings are hurt or any misunderstandings arise they can be dealt with by those directly involved, while the rest of us blithely go on listening to LWIII, eating, strumming, and humming.

That being said, it's certainly important for us to discuss issues as they arise, so this wonderful community can stay wonderful, or somehow get even wonderfuller.

PS Viva las Seasonistas!!!

PPS Season 66 results will be up this weekend!

Top Bottom