The Great Ukulele Underground Weight Loss Challenge 2009!!!

Pharmaceutical.Bandit

Reaction score
So, with the new year, there are always lots of people who make the resolution to shed some poundage. I figured this challenge would be awesome in helping everyone(INCLUDING MYSELF!) stay on point! I got this idea from another forum i used to read. (socaltrailriders.org) i think this would be a really fun thing to do here with all you folks who i do not know, but LOVE ;) anyway, heres how it will work. (this is copy pasted from that forum, with a few minor edits to work with our new timeframe.)

1. Time frame: Jan. 11-April 11 2009!
2. Winner determined by % of starting weight lost (first weigh-in done by Jan. 16--a week's grace period; final weigh-in is EXACTLY on April 11, by 6 p.m.)
3. Give periodic updates on your progress (say, at least three times during the span of the three months; more, if you like)
4. What's at stake: strictly bragging rights, or do we vie for a prize? if the latter, i suggest everyone kick in 10 bucks, with the ultimate winner getting it all in the form of a gift certificate to their favorite ukulele shop.
5. Not a hard-and-fast rule here, but let's try to help one another. share eating and exercise tips that are working for you or, conversely, things that have made you backslide.
6. This goes without saying, but you're on your honor in this friendly contest, so don't be a cheatin' bastidge :rofl:

if we DO want to do the gift cert thing my recommendation would be that whoever wants to be in on the prize, must put in $10 and the collected money be spent on some sort of gift certificate for UU store or musicguymic's ebay store.

anyone who DOES NOT want to put in money but wants to compete may still compete but will not win a prize, but of course will have bragging rights =D

who's in!?

Failed Resolutionizer,

Jeremie F.

(Resolutionizer -One who makes resolutions. i made up a werd. =P )

Hey Bandit...I'm intrigued but chicken. Ask any woman the two things she doesn't want to advertise and it is her age and her weight. The idea of putting my weight online gives me the heebie jeebies. But it was a cool idea on your part...

Hmmmm I would join in on this except my problem is that I need to gain a bit more weight. And attempt to turn that weight into somethign resembling muscle. XD

I do this on another site. List my measurements once a month, weight once a week, and everything I eat everyday and how much I work out everyday. It's also a great place to vent when you're wanting to blow off your diet. A support system is absolutely necessary to any diet routine. I'm game if we can get a few more to join in.

Hey Bandit...I'm intrigued but chicken. Ask any woman the two things she doesn't want to advertise and it is her age and her weight. The idea of putting my weight online gives me the heebie jeebies. But it was a cool idea on your part...
Yea, but this is a safe place and we're not posting pictures.......unless you're Deach, of course.

Top Bottom