Hello from Liechtenstein

HowardTheCow

Reaction score
Hello, I'm 22 years old and from Liechtenstein, a tiny country in Europe :)

The moment when I decided to learn Ukulele was 4 days ago when I heard "Ukulele weeps" by Jake Shimabukuro the first time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k

My personal aim is to be able to improvise like this one day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKpk9SO7iLM

It's very impressive what is possible with the Ukulele. It seems more fascinating to me than any other instrument.

I got my first two Ukuleles 3 days ago, one is a Bushman Jenny baritone in DGBE and the other an Eastmansong tenor Ukulele which is actually the same as a Bushman Jenny but was sold under a different name. Both Ukuleles are older ones, from 2005.

I just bought this brand because I like what the Ukuleles look like :D But apart from that I also like the sound and I use every free minute to play.

I have been playing trombone for 11 years and I studied music theory in school, so I have a little bit too start with. However, with string instruments I'm an absolute beginner and especially when it concerns Jazz (what I hope to learn) everything seems incredibly challenging.

Well, somewhere else I read that this would be the the best uke forum online with the nicest members offering great advice, so I guess I'm at the right place :D

Well, that's it... We speak German in Liechtenstein, so I'm sorry for any mistakes that I probably made. That still doesn't prevent me from writing a lot.

Nice to meet you!

Wilkommen, Howard! It's great to have you here, and I hope you'll find lots of good information about learning to play. We have many UU members in Europe, but you may be the first from Liechtenstein.

PS--Your English is fine!

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. Those Bushman Jennys are fine ukes and wonderful starter instruments. You should be happy with them for a while.

Welcome to UU, glad you joined us.

That's a nice jazz vid you posted. In case you haven't came across it, check out Gerald Ross on YouTube and his web site http://www.geraldross.com/ as well as Lyle Ritz and Bill Tapia. Some nice jazzy uke there.

Enjoy and keep us posted

Aloha Howie, wow you got a bushman all the way to Liechtenstein.....I am impressed...that is way so cool...
Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings....

Hey welcome to the group. Nice to see your aiming high with your playing already. You set yourself a task, but if you stick with it, I am sure we'll see a video of you like that someday with someone else commenting that "they wish they could play like that guy from Liechtenstein". :)

Welcome to UU.
Last fall we went to Switzerland. My dream was to get to Lichtenstein. We made it to Sargans before running out of time. Weird, I know. Lovey place where you live.

Konichiwa to you, and welcome to UU. ii desu!

:cool::eek::drool:

Just another welcome, and a bit of encouragement. The hardest part of learning to play music is understanding time and pitch, and spaces. With your background, you have the concepts in hand, everything else is just mechanics, and the Uke is a very friendly instrument to the hands, so i have no doubt you'll be making sweet music soon.

Top Bottom