Season 79 - You Must Remember This

Dougf

Reaction score
Songs about memory, remembering, days gone by, etc.

Theme:
If the lyrics mention memory or remembering, or reference the past in a significant way, you're good.

Prize:
My homemade ukulele #4

Judging:
Everybody who enters will get their name in the hat. A panel of judges will pick their top three, those names will be added to the hat. I will pick my top three from the bonus tracks, those names will be added to the hat. I will pick the winner from all the names added to the hat.

Rules:
Usual season rules - ukulele as the main instrument, one continuous take, no multi tracking or overdubs. If you want to add a little reverb or echo, it's cool.
One entry per contestant, as many bonuses as you like.
Instrumentals and originals are fine. Duplicate entries encouraged, everybody does a song differently.

If you want to be a judge:
You must have participated in at least one season.
You promise to view every video and give it your due consideration.
If you also participate in the season, no voting for your own video.
Send me a PM that you want to be a judge by Wednesday.
I will select the panel of judges.
The judges will remain anonymous.

Here's a link to help get you started:
http://www.songfacts.com/category-songs_about_looking_back_on_fond_memories.php

Playlist

Bonus list

Last edited:
Wonderful theme Doug. I have been so busy that I haven't managed to participate for a few weeks...But I would really love to because I can think of so many beautiful songs that would fit your theme!

Man oh Manzanita!
great prize, great theme, interesting new twist.

My entry - I Remember When I Was Young written by Matt Taylor and performed by his band Chain 1973

I used to get into the Saturday Movie matinée for a silver sixpence and see Roy Rogers and Hopalong Cassidy.
It was a rowdy affair the usherette was a wizened old woman Mrs Lees who would shine her torch on you and say

We'll have a little more less noise in here... anybody would think it was outside you were in.

Ah!!! the memories.:eek:ld:

Remind Me Again

The Steve Walters classic tale of love and loss

My entry - I Remember When I Was Young written by Matt Taylor and performed by his band Chain 1973

What a great way to kick off the season! Great song.

Doug! What a great theme! And an AWESOME prize! I want to win! Do you take bribes? Let's see: I got chocolate, and a recipe for maple custard.

An entry could not be obvious than this.
Great theme Doug- Fantastic prize!
This was terrific, and you backup singer is extremely talented (if camera-shy). My husband does not sing this to me. That would be a very bad move, even if it is a great song. ;)

Great theme idea Doug. I've just got to work out a Uke accompaniment to a song of mine (that I usually sing unaccompanied). The song attempts to provide an aural and emotional photograph of one particular moment.

This really is a great theme, Doug. Good thing you limited it or I'd be pulling a TCK and doing 10 this week.......

Last edited:

First time I've recorded a song on Day 1. One of the best songs to do in the shower, but sans ukulele.

Great theme, Doug! And yes, I'll be glad to accept the prize.

As I'm having trouble with my camera...or more specifically with my card reader, I'll chuck this in as an old bonus for now.

Top Bottom