Just Bought the Ibanez Mikro

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just bought the Ibanez Mikro Bass but I don't have it yet. The U-Bass is really great; I love it. I've found that I tend to prefer the solid body U-Bass. It's easier to get a cleaner sound and it is easier to hold. Anyway I've already got a regular long-scale bass but I don't like the size. I've been thinking it would be fun to add a short scale bass to my collection. The Squier Jaguar looks really good, but I ended up liking the size and feel of the Mikro, which is a bit smaller. Maybe I'll eventually get the Jaguar too. I can't believe how much instrument you can get for so little money these days.

I'm finding that I enjoy playing the Bass with ukulele players more than I like playing the ukulele with other players. It adds so much to the overall sound and is a challenge for me.

Hope you enjoy it. As an alternative to a Ubass, I picked up a Samick Corsair MCR-1, 34", my mini P-bass.

I just bought the Ibanez Mikro Bass but I don't have it yet. The U-Bass is really great; I love it. I've found that I tend to prefer the solid body U-Bass. It's easier to get a cleaner sound and it is easier to hold. Anyway I've already got a regular long-scale bass but I don't like the size. I've been thinking it would be fun to add a short scale bass to my collection. The Squier Jaguar looks really good, but I ended up liking the size and feel of the Mikro, which is a bit smaller. Maybe I'll eventually get the Jaguar too. I can't believe how much instrument you can get for so little money these days.

I'm finding that I enjoy playing the Bass with ukulele players more than I like playing the ukulele with other players. It adds so much to the overall sound and is a challenge for me.
Hey, that sounds great - congratulations. As someone who has owned both of these short-scale basses I can attest that they are simply awesome axes for the money, displaying beautifully silky smooth necks, fantastic fretwork and a great sound. Enjoy!

Top Bottom