Psaltry bow

Has anyone ever played uke with a psaltry bow?,do you have to rosin the bow and does that mess with your strings?

It's been a while, but the psaltry bow I used was nylon wound with no rosin needed (this reminds me of how much I liked to play that thing)

I suspect that it all depends on the bow. Horsehair would likely require rosin...

Rosin is abrasive, but I don't think it would be too messy - Then again, I could be wrong.

Very curious to hear what sounds you get out of it... let us know.

I just looked up what a psaltery bow was, and if its anything like a bow used for violin or something then it'll probably do the same thing.
I used a cheap ukulele with nylon strings so i didn't really think about any damage that might occur. The bow really just acted like a really bad slide type thing. You can try if you ever feel the need or are just curious, but the sound is not pretty! you know how when you play a violin or something and it does one consecutive note? the pitch changes (on the uke) depending on where the bow is.
Any way, if anyone finds out if it actually is damaging or not then i'd encourage you to try it out (just for fun) if theres no harm. Or you could try it just before you change your strings.

I haven't tried it on my uke, but I did try it on my cello banjo with nylon strings, but even with rosin, my bow just didn't get a good grab on the nylon. I don't know if that is the norm, but it just didn't seem like I could get much sound out of it.

I will have to try it on the uke. I recently heard a cut with a guy bowing his guitar that I thought was great.

电子变压器在电源技术中的作用  电子变压器和半导体开关器件,半导体整流器件,电容器一起,称为电源装置中的 4大主要元器件。根据在电源装置中的作用,电子变压器可以分为:   1)起电压和功率变换作用的电源变压器,功率变压器,整流变压器,逆变变压器,开 油浸电力变压器 油浸式变压器:依靠油作冷却介质,如油浸自冷,油浸风冷,油浸水冷及强迫油循环等。一般升压站的主变都是油浸式的,变比20KV/500KV,或20KV/220KV,一般发电厂用于带动带自身负载(比如磨煤机,引风机,送风机、循环水泵等)的厂用变压器也是油浸式变压器,它的变比是20 电源时损坏三端稳压器 当电源关断时,滤波电容C1上的电荷开始放电。由于7805的负荷比7812的负荷小得多,C1上的电荷几乎全部从7805一侧释放,其结果,A点电压及7805输出端B点的电压迅速下降;而另一方面,7812输出端C点电压由于c3放电缓慢,在A点电压降到0v后,C点电压仍有残余电压。对三端稳 新颖的Buck型正弦交流稳压器 对Buck型正弦交流稳压器的电路拓扑、控制方案等进行了分析研究。工程样机试验结果表明,Buck型正弦交流稳压器具有强的负载适应能力、优良的稳压性能和高质量的输出正弦波形等优点。关键词:正弦交流稳压器;Buck型:单极性移相控制 0 引言由于我国交流电网的电压 电感器结构与特点 1电感器的结构与特点 : 电感器一般由骨架、绕组、屏蔽罩、封装材料、磁心或铁心等组成。 1.骨架骨架泛指绕制线圈的支架。一些体积较大的固定式电感器或可调式电感器(如振荡线圈、阻流圈等),大多数是将漆包线(或纱包线)环绕在骨架上,再将磁心或铜心、 怎样选择电动机保护用断路器 使用断路器来保护电动机,必须注意电动机(主要是交流感应电动机)的两个特点:其一是具有一定的过载能力;其二是起动电流通常是额定电流的几倍(可逆运行或反接制动时甚至可达十几倍)。所以,为了保证电动机可靠地运行和顺利地起动,在选择断路器时应遵循以下原则 互感器 的工作原理 在供电用电的线路中电流电压大大小小相差悬殊从几安到几万安都有。为便于二次仪表测量需要转换为比较统一的电流,另外线路上的电压都比较高如直接测量是非常危险的。电流互感器就起到变流和电气隔离作用。较早前,显示仪表大部分是指针式的电流电压表,所以电流互感器的

Oh - that's what you meant!

I haven't had alot of time to experiment with this lately,but I've also found that there isn't enough "grab" with the nylon strings to make much sound.I was also concerned that any rosin would leave goo on the strings.Maybe I'll try stringing up a uke with some metal mandolin strings.

My bow psaltery was strung with piano-wire. I never tried to play the ukulele with that bow, however, to get the right friction, I would recommend rosin. My bow psaltery was made by Unicorn Strings, which I believe was the nicest I've ever found. I sold it last summer to a lady that was totally enchanted by them.

Here is a couple of pictures of the psaltery that I had...

psalt1.jpg

psalt2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom