Do you play only ukulele?

Do you play ukulele AND guitar?

• I play ukulele only.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I play both ukulele and guitar.

Votes: 53 58.9%
  • I used to play the guitar but now play only ukulele.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I play ukulele but plan on playing the guitar.

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

ChiyoDad

Reaction score
Do you play ukuelele AND guitar?

The last poll that I posted revealed that (to-date) 53% of its respondents had a preference for tenor-size ukes. Concerts (and super-concerts) came in a strong second at 31%.

I noticed how often the guitar seems to come-up in discussions. We even have a guitar subsection in the forum. I'm now curious to find out how many members of our forum play both the ukulele and the guitar. What should we call that? Bi-fretal?

Anyway, here's the poll. Have fun!

Last edited:
I have no interest in guitar at all. However, I don't play only the ukulele; I recently got a jaw harp!

The only other instruments I'd be interested in learning are sitar (not realistic) and charango.

Well, depending on what the criteria are for "play guitar" I guess I play both guitar and ukulele. =)

I play only on ukulele ;]

but previously i make ebatbox :p

started on guitar. Later picked up ukulele. I didn't have too tough a time to pick up the chords but I like it just as much maybe more then guitar.

I also play weissenborn, dobro, and piano. If only I had two more hands I could accompany myself while I play ukulele. :D

i used to play guitar but i found myself going back to playing the uke a lot lol. i play on it every month or so though.

Well, depending on what the criteria are for "play guitar" I guess I play both guitar and ukulele. =)
Yeah. I was thinking that should be a follow-up poll for folks who do play both the guitar and ukulele: "Which instrument do you play better/worse?".

I had noted that there were folks who started on guitar but later opted for ukulele. That's why I structured the poll as it is.

I'm learning how to play the uke and guitar at the same time, but I find that I play the uke a lot more. I'm also trying to learn the Conga drum.

I learned to play the ukulele when I was child growing up in Hawaii, but I'm still not very good. I also play the piano and guitar and used to play the alto recorder in college.

just ukulele can get boring. So I also play piano, drums, guitar, and ocarina...yes, I bought one.

started with they keys when i was a kid, but didnt start to really learn till i was about 15. then picked up the guitar when i was 17 in the philippines. just got the uke last august. i rarely play my keyboard, and i cant say i was ever really any good at the guitar. but because of the ease of learning the uke, my guitar playing has gotten much better too.

Hmm. So far, bi-fretals are at about 55%. Ukulele-monogamists are at about 33%. :D

And guitar-divorcées are at 10%. :D :D

Last edited:
The first thing I learned was piano, but I really wanted to play the drums or the guitar and they said no. I gave up on piano and started learning drums and joined the drumline when I was in middleschool. In 8th grade I picked up the ukulele and loved it. And finally the summer of 07, I picked up the guitar and haven't let go since. I will always love the drums, ukulele, and guitar.

I play, Ukulele, Guitar, Lap-Steel guitar, Analog keyboards (moog, etc...), Harmonica, Melodica and I'm also programming, recording and mixing.
I'm in to Electronica, Reggae-dub, Rock, pop and Tahitian music.

i play the ukulele only

i used to play the trumpet.

someone stole my mouthpeice and i just didnt feel like playing anymore

so now im a ukulele man!

I want to learn how to play bass though

that would be cool

Top Bottom