redpaul1

Reaction score
The first of our rolling nominations for the Video awards, viz.:

Best Overall Performance
Best Duet/Group
Best Original Song
Funniest Video
People's Choice Video of the Year​

takes in Seasons 53-58. To remind you, in those two 'Months' of the Seasons, we had:

Week 53 Hosted by OldPhart. Theme: Second chance to bring home the Bacon.

Synopsis: Find a Theme from one of the seasons of the Ukulele that you haven't participated in yet and bring it to this season.

This week featured 39 entries and 23 bonuses.

Winners:
1.Filipino Uker, 'Calendar Girl'
2.Ukelites 'The Girl From Ipanema'
3.Raygf, 'One Note Samba'

Winner of the Lucky Dog Prize
Chrimess, 'Homage to JS'​

Ukuloonie for helping won a Mug.

Week 54 Hosted by TCK Theme: Birds

This week featured 53 entries and 57 bonuses.

Winners:
1.Jonbianchi 'Hello BlueBird'
2.Ellman 'My Parrot does eat Hard Boiled Eggs'
3.The SillyDave. "Ain't nobody here but us Chickens"

Week 55 Hosted By Pabrizzer Theme: Location, Location, Location.

This week featured 54 entries and 20 bonuses.

Winners:
1. FillopinoUkuer 'Manila'
2. 23Skidoo 'Sin City'
3. Austin1 "Don't want to live on the Moon"​

Week 56 Hosted by FIL Theme: FiL's Favorite Texas Singer-Songwriters

This week featured 28 entries and 43 bonuses.

Winner:
1.CountryMouse 'God is God'​

Week 57 Hosted by DougF Theme: Songs within Songs

This week featured 62 entries and 39 bonuses.

Winners:
1.= Eugene Ukulele "It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
1.= Julien Staudt "It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
2. Strumsilly "All God's Creatures"
3. TCK "American Pie"​

Week 58 Hosted by ElectraUke Theme: Instrumentals

This week featured 49 entries and 31 bonuses.

Winners:
1.EugeneUkulele 'Freight Train'
2.SillyDave 'Keep your eyes on the hands'​

In all there was a total of 285 Official entries and 213 Bonus tracks during these 6 Seasons!! You no doubt have your own opinion on who would be worthy candidates from this round of Seasons. So go back, take a look around, and reply to this thread to make your nominations.

Once nominations are made, get seconding!

Happy viewing!

Last edited:
I, of course, nominate the 1st and 2nd place winners of my season of the ukulele, being Eugene Ukulele for "Freight Train" and TheSillyDave for "Keep your eyes on the Hands" for best overall performance.

Thank you electrauke!

Unfortunately you can nominate only one for 'Best Overall Performance'. I'm guessing that's going to have to be Eugene Ukulele, but do let me know. You could always put TheSillyDave up for "People's Choice".

Nominations have now officially begun! Any seconders, please PM me (don't post 'seconds' here! :) ).

Last edited:
Let me know if I'm not doing this right. This is for weeks 53-58. Best video: Austin1 "Dont want to live on the moon". Best Duet: Ukelites "Killing Me Softly". Best Original: Pabrizzer "My Old Friend The Blues".

Let me know if I'm not doing this right. This is for weeks 53-58. Best video: Austin1 "Dont want to live on the moon". Best Duet: Ukelites "Killing Me Softly". Best Original: Pabrizzer "My Old Friend The Blues".

Nope. You're doing this exactly right. Now all you've got to do is let us have your nominations for 'Funniest Video' and 'People's Choice'.

I, of course, nominate the 1st and 2nd place winners of my season of the ukulele, being Eugene Ukulele for "Freight Train" and TheSillyDave for "Keep your eyes on the Hands" for best overall performance.

Sorry! Are you nominating both for best video? You'll have to decide on one or the other (you could always put the other up for "People's Choice").

:uhoh: I had Pa as writing "My old friend the blues". Thought that was an original for some reason. For Best Original for those weeks I'll go with Berni's Shaft of Sunlight. People's Choice I'll nominate butterflybandito's "It don't mean a thing".

Thanks Fred! Alterations to nominations duly noted and accepted. You've already had two of your nominations seconded btw :)

This is very hard. There are so many videos and way too many that I really like!

Best Overall Performance: Erivel "If I Needed You" (Townes Van Zandt Baritone Ukulele Cover)
Best Duet/Group: We Tigers
Best Original Song: "That Song" Mike Krabbers
Funniest Video: "The Chicken Song" Hey it's got a chicken and a puppet, what can I say :)
People's Choice Video of the Year: The Ukelites: The Girl From Ipanema

Thank you Janet! It is hard, I agree. There is some great stuff out there. That's why I came up with this rolling nomination thing. I want to give it a chance to be heard again. I'm still hoping for my favourite to be nominated. As organiser, I have to remain impartial :)

Nominations closing in 3 days.

I can't deny that so far the call for nominations to EoY Extravaganza II has met with a pretty disappointing response.

So I'm keeping open this set of nominations for another 3 days. You have till 6pm Wednesday GMT to put forward from seasons 53-58 nominations for awards in the video categories.

Nominators, thank you for your contributions; try and see if you can round up some seconders, too.

Last edited:
Here are my nominations for weeks 59-64:

Best Video: "Memories Are Made Of This" by Butterflybandito
Best Original Song: "Young Emma" by Barbalanca
Best Duet: "Dream" by Pabrizzer and friend
Funniest: "When Cookie Wants To Visit The Moon" by Tippytoetoli
People's Choice: "St. James Infirmary Blues" by Mattydee (this one would win hands down for best mouth trumpet)

End of Year Extravaganza II - Nominations for Seasons 53-58 are now closed

You have till 6pm Wednesday GMT to put forward from seasons 53-58 nominations for awards in the video categories.

Nominators, thank you for your contributions; try and see if you can round up some seconders, too.

Nominations for video awards for Seasons 53-58 are now closed.

Top Bottom