Season 104 Throw Your Hat Into The Ring.

pabrizzer

Reaction score
:smileybounce:Happy Second Birthday to the Seasons:music::cheers:

I just read a post by chrimess (Christian, who sired this good thing) saying this season marks the completion of the second year of the Seasons.
That means that next week it will begin its THIRD YEAR.
I have been here since season 39 and have only not done an entry when I was hosting.
I believe Silly Dave and TheOnlyUkeThatMatters are now the only seasonistas to have a perfect participation record.

I would love to see a big roll up of ‘old’ and new seasonistas this week to celebrate TWO YEARS of the Seasons!
And if you have never posted before please come and join the fun.

So -

Throw your hat into the ring.

Hat songs.

Songs with head wear in the title = 2 entries in the hat.
Songs substantially about a hat/hats = 2 entries in the hat.
Songs by a band with a hat in their name = 2 entries in the hat.
Just a passing mention of a hat = 1 entry in the hat.

No, these don’t accumulate so you’ll either get 1 or 2 entries in the hat.

If you do the same song as someone else that’s OK but you will only get ONE entry in the hat.

Only one official “Hat” entry please but…

Bonus Songs – Things worn other than hats.
As many bonus songs as you like about other forms of attire – shirts, belts, shoes, etc, but NOT hats please. No prize for the bonus songs just the fun of sharing some music.
If you can’t find a HAT song TWO bonus songs about other attire will still get your name in the hat.

The ‘draw from the hat’ prize for official entries will be a brand new black wool felt Homburg hat from eBay.

Hats include cap, beret, beanie, Stetson, Akubra, derby, bowler, fedora, sombrero, visor, boater, busby, deerstalker, fez, glengarry, karakul, kepi, kippah, yarmulke, kofia, non la, pakol, songkok, tam o’shanter, trilby, helmet, top hat, mitre, bonnet, crown, panama, homburg, shtreimel, toque, chullo, chupalla, slouch hat, barretina, hennin, caubeen, bicorne, tricorne, cloche, etc.

But NOT veils, scarves, ribbons, etc – these would be OK for bonus songs but not for the hat list.

Please state that the song is for this season somewhere.

And NEW ukulele recordings for this season only please.
Multi-tracking is fine if that’s your thing.

Please don't post your entry on this tread until 12:01 am Sunday Hawaii time. And the season will end at Midnight Sunday night Hawaii time (16th Feb I think).

For the record – I have conceded that SillyDave has a more complete hat collection than mine – he has a fez, a boater and some impressive sombreros. I am also down a well travelled Akubra Bronco which Barbablanca now wears occasionally because I traded it for a couple of (treasured) caganers.

And – You can leave your hat on.

Also - I’d really love it if you added a song to the Pete Seeger Appreciation thread on the Links and Videos board if you haven’t already done so and you’ve got the time.
I’ve had the hat idea going for a while but this came so close to being the Pete Seeger season.

Playlists here
The Hat Rack
The Wardrobe

Last edited:
Great Theme, pabrozzer! Now to put on my thinking cap and find some songs to learn!

Cua94

If someone sings about a tam-o-shanter I think they should get three entries..... Great season, my friend.

Some band names for those who don't want to do their homework.

Men Without Hats.
Little Hat Jones - lots of blues.
And I just discovered
The Tin Hat Trio who do just fabulous stuff. Check out Lauren's Lullaby for a great listen.
The Stetsons
I've just done a very short search and some of you seasonistas continually surprise me with your prodigious musical knowledge.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm!

Got one in the chamber!

Don't anyone else do it:)

To get ahead you need a hat

This not and ENTRY, this is not this is not a Bonus It is a curiosity
Photos of ukulele players who I came across on youtube when I was just starting to
play the ukulele. A surprising number of them wear hats when performing... and I was
mighty proud to get CHAPEAUX in the lyrics :)

Lyrics (Repeating chords C F C G Am F C G)

If you want to play the Uke
You've got to have a certain look
You don't even need a FLUKE
Some say get the proper strings
or Koa wood or other things
It's all roundabouts and swings
To play real well get a cap
Or a helmet with a chin strap
Without headgear you'll look a sap
To play like Zoe wear a bow
A big bee-hive will steal the show
Aldrene always wears a Chapeaux
Longish hair does the trick
an bald is good if it looks slick
A mean beanie makes a marverick
So this is my advice to you
Wear a CHE beret of midnight blue
and pull your baseball cap askew
To get ahead you need a hat.

Last edited:
Sorry to be pedantic about this, but Season 104 is in fact the last season of year 2 of the Seasons (there was no Season 0). Season 105 will mark the 2nd birthday of the Seasons.

Last edited:
Sorry to be pedantic about this, but Season 104 is in fact the last season of year 2 of the Seasons (there was no Season 0). Season 105 will mark the 3rd birthday of the Seasons.

Whew!!! thanks for that Paul... I don't think I would have been able to sleep at night if you had not cleared that up. :)

The Friday hatman occasionally sings songs.
For the past several years every Friday he has posted a video in the hat which he will wear for the whole day.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLZh7RNVF2tY5mMN7vkHkOg?feature=g-high

I normally wear a hat whenever I go out, but someone did comment when I posted my first Uke video that the most surprising thing about it was that I wasn't wearing a hat! I don't think she had ever seen me without one!

Last edited:
Let's get this party started with some Roger Miller! Great tune found because of the Seasons!

Let's get this party started with some Roger Miller! Great tune found because of the Seasons!
Gee Ray. You are such a consummate performer. Thanks so much for starting the season off with such a well chosen song done so darn tootin' well! Definitely 2 entries in the hat for this beauty!

And now that we have an official entry to season 104, that means, no matter what happens Christian's baby (we call The Seasons) is 2.
Woo Hoo!
Next week marks the beginning of the THIRD year of this fun.

Great theme, Pabrizzer!

My hat is off to you.

It's not a hat as great as the late Manny Gabbage could have made. I actually bought two hats today just to use in making this video (I can't imagine how they'd be useful otherwise unless I decided to become a rice farmer or cruise the gay part of town as a cowboy daddy). Thailand is great for buying hats! Both hats together cost me $7 US!

Great theme, Pabrizzer!

My hat is off to you.

It's not a hat as great as the late Manny Gabbage could have made. I actually bought two hats today just to use in making this video (I can't imagine how they'd be useful otherwise unless I decided to become a rice farmer or cruise the gay part of town as a cowboy daddy). Thailand is great for buying hats! Both hats together cost me $7 US!

Terrific song choice. Real good playing and singing and a fabulous video.
This is great Joko. Thank you.
Kinda sad song about a hat maker. There must be just about a song about everything.
2 entries in the hat for this one Joko.

Last edited:
I am just coming off of a bug and spent the better part of last week in bed. Im out and ready to go although Im still in my PJ with no makeup so you get the Uke front and center:) Me on Uke, Cajon and tambourine.

All Around My Hat~

I am just coming off of a bug and spent the better part of last week in bed. Im out and ready to go although Im still in my PJ with no makeup so you get the Uke front and center:) Me on Uke, Cajon and tambourine.
All Around My Hat~

Glad to hear you're on the mend. This is terrific as are all your vids, Beaut singing and uke playing and I am especially impressed with your cajon playing!
2 entries in the hat for this top job Linda.
Thank you.

Top Bottom