Season 122 of the Ukulele

TCK

Reaction score

Season 122 of the Ukulele. Tribute.
My Favorite part of the seasons has always been watching all of you play songs for us. I have laughed, I have learned, and I have made a lot of friends here (heck- I have even met some of you!)…never a dull moment around here.
So this week I wanted to challenge you all to pay tribute to another Seasonista. That is our theme here, and I think I have figured out how to make it work…well, you guys did. I just watched it happen for 100+ weeks.
Here’s what I want you to do. Go into your Favorites list on youtube and find that song that another Seasonista played…the one that made you grab you uke and play along. The song that made you think “I have got to learn that!”…and play it for us.
I don’t care what the theme was, or what genre…and I have only a few very simple rules:
1.Your video has to be made this week.
2.Uke front and center (you can multi-track all you want, add instruments, get crazy)
3.Tell us the video is for Season 122
And here is the important part…
4. Your post must include BOTH your video, and a link to the one that inspired you.
5.Don’t post anything until Sunday in Hawaii. Go back to 121 and hurt yourself…
Easy right?
Play as many songs as you possibly can…in fact, shirk any and all obligations and just post videos all week. That would make me smile.
Bonus awarded for capturing some nuance of the original Seasonista’s performance- if I catch it. That will amuse me greatly.
Winners – there will be three. Mel and I will pick them. If Melissa and I drop everything and learn the song you have chosen, you win!!!! Prizes TBA, but they are going to be cool Ukulele oriented swag in tribute to our favorite illustrator Seasonista, Captain Lovehandles!
The Rub- Somewhere around season 20 I told Canoelady (who helped judge my first season) I wanted to play my Ukulele on her dock. I am doing just that, and will be out of town until the 17th. I promise when I get back I will be responding like crazy, but for the first part of the week, I will be absent- crickets…I am relying on everyone else to kick this off in fine style and show your appreciation to all for playing us songs.
All right….GOOOOO!!!!!!

And finally- some playlists!!!!!
Season 122 Tribute Songs

Season 122 Inspiration

Last edited:
FANTASTIC THEME Dave. I have one from just a few days ago that I can't stop playing along to. This is going to be a great week.

Really great theme TCK. This will be fun for everyone. Finally time to go do that song. Thanks for that:)

Awesome! The only problem is that I'm inspired about 20 times a Season by other Seasonistas......

Dang, that's a good theme! You're asking us look at each other and tell someone he or she is special to you. That's something like Seasonista Love, isn't it?

Ooh. This should be a fun season. Got a few ideas, but I gotta try to avoid "I just wanted to do this song" syndrome. XP I can imagine myself doing that and posting WAY too many videos.

Okay...beta blockers...no short term memory left...I am going to have to go watch 121 seasons of videos before I can begin... LOL

Seriously though, sounds like a cool challenge.

John

You're right, the song I did this week would have fit perfectly! Luckily there is no shortage of inspiration around here. Can't wait to get started. I may have to go buy a bow tie though. Or perhaps a bra would work. Great theme Dave.

Great choice of theme! I already know the 1st one I'm doing. Can't wait!

I'm not cutting me head off for anybirdy ................

Awesome! The only problem is that I'm inspired about 20 times a Season by other Seasonistas......
how many seasons? i think you potentially have maybe just 2,420 vids to do this week??? that's only about 400 a day? get strumming!

I'm not cutting me head off for anybirdy ................
lol!

TCK this is a really super theme

I'd gladly go without my head. If only for the fact that it makes it difficult to actually have my uke visible in my videos...

That Lucky OldePhart, got's nuthin to do but roll seasons videos allllllllllllllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...beta blockers...no short term memory left...I am going to have to go watch 121 seasons of videos before I can begin... LOL

Seriously though, sounds like a cool challenge.

John

Glad you guys are excited! I can't wait until tomorrow to see what you all come up with!

Top Bottom