Conversation Between wickedwahine11 and molokinirum

5 Visitor Messages

1. Aloha Stacie!
    Been drooling over your Kanile'a Island uke!! What a beauty!!
  2. Sounds like you are going to have a great trip...yep we always stay at the HHV. Mom has a timeshare there, so we usually prefer the Kalia tower though occasionally we end up in the Lagoon, and I have a week in the Grand Waikikian tower this September.

Oh definitely take the bus, that is how I always get to Kamaka. You just take the 42 (heading towards Ala Moana). It is no more than 10 or 15 minutes. You get off at South Street and walk the one or two blocks up to Kamaka. It doesn't run that often but it is so easy and close that I would always opt for that instead of a taxi.

Have a great time!
  3. Going to Honolulu for a couple of days then to Maui for 10 days, then back to Honolulu for a couple of days. Heading to Kamaka for the tour and to pick up my vintage pinapple that they repaired. I noticed on your blog that you stay at the HHV! That is where we always stay in Honolulu. You took the 42 bus to Kamaka? How long was the trip? Not sure about The Bus or getting a taxi!
    Mahalo!!!!
  4. Aww, you are sweet. Thanks. I need to actually be better about updating it, I so rarely do so. Yep, one benefit of being on the West Coast is we get some pretty low fares to Hawaii so I'm fortunate enough to be able to go pretty frequently. I'm going to try to do some more posts in the next couple of weeks (one about uke strings, one about hula, another about timeshares we stay at). But if I get lazy those weeks could turn to months. Hahaha. So you are going in August? Have a wonderful time! I head back in September. What island/s are you going to visit? You like Maui right? I'm more of a Kauai girl myself but Maui is wonderful as well.
  5. Aloha Staci! I just connected to your blog and it is amazing!!! Your Hawaiian vacation stories brings back memories..all good!! I booked marked it so I can visit it again!! You are lucky to be able to get to Hawaii so often...I am on the East coast and the air fare is always too high, but I have been there 3 times and heading again in August! Can't wait to return to paradise!!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5