UUBL: Reborn!

I made these tonight! Split the recipe into 4 servings. SO GOOD! You have to use the Good Grains Flax Chia Blend because it's a 0 net carb blend, and it makes them a completely 0 carb snack! I'm going to experiment with them, make plain crackers, or maybe chips? Oh man I need to get more of this Flax Chia blend!

Those look good! I should try making some as snacks.

4 days out of town. I didn't record my food. 90% of it was really healthy but without weighing or measuring my portion I'm sure I was off the charts. Back to being more restrained tomorrow.

4 days out of town. I didn't record my food. 90% of it was really healthy but without weighing or measuring my portion I'm sure I was off the charts. Back to being more restrained tomorrow.

It's not always about how much you eat... Eating healthy sometimes is enough, less processed foods that are better for you will likely keep your metabolism in check and you won't notice any gain.

Today is the day I get back to eating right. We've had company and we had all sorts of pop in the fridge and comfort food. -and Easter candy. It's all gone now and I'm ready to buckle back down. I'm back to drinking water. I've always drank a ton of water. It helps my joints. I've been very sore the past 3 days. Part of it is from over-doing it, playing softball. But I think a lot of it is poor diet and drinking pop and not enough water.

For lunch today, I will have a fresh salad with ginger dressing. I'm looking forward to it.

Today is the day I get back to eating right. We've had company and we had all sorts of pop in the fridge and comfort food. -and Easter candy. It's all gone now and I'm ready to buckle back down. I'm back to drinking water. I've always drank a ton of water. It helps my joints. I've been very sore the past 3 days. Part of it is from over-doing it, playing softball. But I think a lot of it is poor diet and drinking pop and not enough water.

For lunch today, I will have a fresh salad with ginger dressing. I'm looking forward to it.

YAY!!! Back at it, you can do it!

I added some hard boiled egg to my salad. It was yummy.

Today is my day too! I was doing super good, went to Washington DC, and just have not been right since. I have not been bad, but maintaining what I added over that weekend and not losing.
I was still working out.
But if I can get 5 lbs down before the UK it would do a lot for my waist line. I am holding a lot of weight along my middle.

I am also cutting out soda.
I love soda.
I miss soda.
But I need to be off it.
I went off in January and felt great.

Today is cheat day. I didnt lose much weight this week so I won't go as crazy today. I am craving gnocchi though... Haha

I was having a solid craving for this steak sub they sell in the little country café here.
I almost rationalized it. Thought... one more day and I will be good...
I resisted.

I ate a sweet potato and some leftovers instead.
Boo.
It wasn't a steak sub.

Today is my day too! I was doing super good, went to Washington DC, and just have not been right since. I have not been bad, but maintaining what I added over that weekend and not losing.
I was still working out.
But if I can get 5 lbs down before the UK it would do a lot for my waist line. I am holding a lot of weight along my middle.

I am also cutting out soda.
I love soda.
I miss soda.
But I need to be off it.
I went off in January and felt great.

I love 7-Up, root beer and ginger ale. I avoid caffeine, even though sometimes I cave in and have a Pepsi.

I love 7-Up, root beer and ginger ale. I avoid caffeine, even though sometimes I cave in and have a Pepsi.

I should add that I'm avoiding soda, now. A while back, I had a cold and 7-Up tasted so good. And I got sucked back into soda drinking. Today is my first day without soda and I'm having a rather hard time with it.

I should add that I'm avoiding soda, now. A while back, I had a cold and 7-Up tasted so good. And I got sucked back into soda drinking. Today is my first day without soda and I'm having a rather hard time with it.

Been there! After the withdraws are over you will feel 100 times better!

I used to drink soda on the daily back in the day. I stopped completely back when I was a freshman in college. Nowadays I'll have one every so often. When I DO have them, it's suuuuper sweet. I can barely drink a whole can.

With that said, when I do drink soda, I like the combination of Dr. Pepper and Sprite.

I made these tonight! Split the recipe into 4 servings. SO GOOD! You have to use the Good Grains Flax Chia Blend because it's a 0 net carb blend, and it makes them a completely 0 carb snack! I'm going to experiment with them, make plain crackers, or maybe chips? Oh man I need to get more of this Flax Chia blend!

I do something like that... ok, so it's not a whole-healthy food but sometimes you need crispy and cheez at once, right?
You take a slice of cheese single (kraft, I'm lookin' at you)... peel it, then put it in the freezer while you get a sheet of parchment and a chefs knife. With your now firm cheese, You basically wanna cut that slice of cheese into ultra thin match sticks (so, I go in half, then that half in half and half again... until your strips are about 1/16th of an inch wide. If you can manage thinner, thats great too.) so, you put these thin little strips on that parchment about 1/2 inch apart, and then put the parchment directly onto the bottom of your microwave.

You're gonna nuke it for between 30 secs and a minute- it'll look scary and make some fizzing sounds... then the magic of steam and protein coagulation... you essentially make little cheez doodles. They spread to about a quarter inch and puff up, then brown slightly. It's a modern miracle.

It's also a lifesaver during PMS. (won't lie. It's good stuff.)

I blew my streak over easter. Admittedly I really fouled up... it was painful, and I am NEVER screwing up that bad again ever.

I know I sound preachy... but man... I USED to feel like that every day... What the F was I thinking living like that... I'm really glad I'm making the moves towards better health.

It's not always about how much you eat... Eating healthy sometimes is enough, less processed foods that are better for you will likely keep your metabolism in check and you won't notice any gain.

I notice that when I'm out and about, I move around more which cancels out the less than stellar intake.

I added some hard boiled egg to my salad. It was yummy.

I've been living on eggs lately... I finally sourced some pasture raised local eggs. They're SO tasty. I have the 'plain' white eggs for regular cooking, but when I want to eat a scramble... It's just 2 of those and a healthy pat of salted butter. I have organic 'vegetarian' raised eggs... but they're nowhere near as good. Chickens need to eat bugs and seeds and you know... floor things to make those yummy yellow yolks and delightfully creamy whites...

I need a chicken. Like seriously.

Top Bottom