::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Kinnard guitar. It is a thing of wonder.

attachment.php

Is that a John S. Kinnard guitar? It doesn't look like a body style that he makes.

Is that a John Kinnaird or Stephen Kinnaird guitar? I just looked and it doesn't look like either of them make that style either.

Doesn't he only make electrics? From what I remember they look really funny.

His model one has a movable pick up. It spins. Pretty versatile and tons of tones from what I hear. Mayer plays one in concert but can't be photographed using it or something like that because of contracts.

and yeah. funny looking

Is that a John S. Kinnard guitar? It doesn't look like a body style that he makes.

Is that a John Kinnaird or Stephen Kinnaird guitar? I just looked and it doesn't look like either of them make that style either.

Indeed a John S. Kinnaird guitar, made under the Dell Arte name. Based on a 1950's DiMauro, but not a copy. I've never seen another like it.

I am watching a special on Rick Turner on youtube. He's describing what goes into his acoustic guitar and the reasoning for doing it.

Like him or not, he's definitely cutting edge in design.

The carbon fiber flying buttress? It looks cool. His personal player guitar is amazing.

The carbon fiber flying buttress? It looks cool. His personal player guitar is amazing.

The bracing is minimal and a light. Lots of carbon fiber on the tops of the bracing for strength. He also does the cantilevered fingerboard on the guitar.

Nick to answer your question about the string though bridge out there. . . I also tie on beads so the knots won't pull through.

I often tie one on before I change my string-through ukuleles, I find it helps quite a bit!

A few months ago, there was a thread about Rick turner on a guitar forum, about a commission that never happened. It was the most entertaining forum thread I have ever read.

Rafe report: Tomorrow, finish Naomi's room and take stuff to Goodwill. Sunday we have church and a birthday party to go to.

That guy still hasn't sold us those chickens. He said he would sell us some, and would call us the next day when he was free....we are still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom