::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using beads or discs at the end os the string? Beau provides small hardwood discs to use between the knot and the bridge plate. Beads from a hobby store do the same thing; they just have a different tension load concentration.

Glass beads. The larger gauge strings I make a figure eight knot behind the bead, the smaller gauge I run the string through, around, and then figure eight. First time a knot has ever slipped out, but I must admit I also did not pull it tight with needle-nose pliers this time. I also trim the tails of the knot quite close, so this time I think it was the combination of those two things. The string that snapped appears to have broken at either the tuner peg or the nut. Need to check for sharp edges but first time that has happened in six years of ownership.

Do you think it's okay to take James to that?

He's watched all of the Harry Potter movies and all of the Avenger movies. He wanted to see it but one of his friends got scared at a neighborhood haunted house when we went trick or treating so we switched to Moana so he wouldn't freak out.

I said to Nanilei, "This is a little dark, don't you think?" and she said ""Not really..." and then I thought about all the murder and evil in Harry Potter and yeah, I guess she's right. If James is OK with those films, he will be fine. Plenty kids in the screening we went to.

I think that is in part why I like planting trees, they will be around long after I'm gone.

One of my favourite things about France - seeing HUGE trees planted in perfect rows on some of those estates and parks, like holy crap, someone PLANTED those hundreds of years ago.

I always think about that as a teacher. I bust my ass to create a name but as soon as I step out of my room for the last time I'll be forgotten within months and school will march on and there'll be someone new in my place and as far as the school goes, I won't exist for the new kids.

I have always remembered my best teachers. The ones I remember had passion for what they were teaching and a desire for their students' welfare - not just that the kids learned the material in class, but that the kids learned to be the best people they could be.

I have very fond memories of many of my teachers.

Then there is/was Miss Telander. No so fond. But yet remembered.

I was the 5th Braddock to attend my high school. When I was there there were a few teachers who remembered my dad and uncle. More of them remembered my sister and brother. Holy hell, the expectations were a huge weight for me.

I never seemed to have the pressure of my four siblings on me - even from Mrs. Lyden who was a family favorite.

Now Mr. Feller... My oldest brother took chemistry from Mr. Feller (I did too, but that's not the point here...). Jeff was in class with Ann Kiesling, a VERY sharp girl. Unfortunately for Ann, her older brother, Phil, was absolutely brilliant. One day when Mr. Feller was handing back tests he set Ann's on her desk. She'd missed a few. He said, "Your brother would've gotten those, Ann."

Ouch.

Phil went on to become Oregon's secretary of state, so I guess he did have some brains in his head.

I never seemed to have the pressure of my four siblings on me - even from Mrs. Lyden who was a family favorite.

Now Mr. Feller... My oldest brother took chemistry from Mr. Feller (I did too, but that's not the point here...). Jeff was in class with Ann Kiesling, a VERY sharp girl. Unfortunately for Ann, her older brother, Phil, was absolutely brilliant. One day when Mr. Feller was handing back tests he set Ann's on her desk. She'd missed a few. He said, "Your brother would've gotten those, Ann."

Ouch.

Phil went on to become Oregon's secretary of state, so I guess he did have some brains in his head.

Sometimes with large families kids take my foods class just to carry on the tradition of having me as a teacher.

Currently I have a girl who I first met when she was four years old and her oldest brother was watching her. He brought her by my class and she colored for a little while. I should have saved the drawing.

Making pizza dough in class

Student: This smells like beer!

Me: How do you know what beer smells like?

Student: ::turns bright red::

Sometimes with large families kids take my foods class just to carry on the tradition of having me as a teacher.

Currently I have a girl who I first met when she was four years old and her oldest brother was watching her. He brought her by my class and she colored for a little while. I should have saved the drawing.

6 kids

13 years between the oldest and youngest.

5 boys and 1 girl.

mom was determined.

Martin
Miguel
Marcus
Manuel
Malcolm
Mia

With modern technology, some of us will "exist" for our descendants on video. Only the last generation or two had anything similar, in the form of film.

A hundred years from now, it is possible that our great-grandkids will be able to see and hear us on video, and perhaps get a sense of who we were, and what we were like....

If nothing else, I thank the heavens that videos were not as prolific and Facebook did not exist when I was a teen...

I said to Nanilei, "This is a little dark, don't you think?" and she said ""Not really..." and then I thought about all the murder and evil in Harry Potter and yeah, I guess she's right. If James is OK with those films, he will be fine. Plenty kids in the screening we went to.

My 10-year-old was fine with it.

Ms. What's-her-name's Home for Peculiar Children freaked her out a bit, though. They went to the double feature at the drive-in with their mom.

Things I have bought/acquired today:

• Heating pad designed for neck and shoulders ('cause the chiropractor told me it's not going to stay in place if I don't get the muscles to loosen up)
  • Neck pillow-type thingy for in the car that Mom's had rattling around in hers forever
  • Cheap lumbar pillow with a massager that stabs me in the back
  • Slightly more expensive lumbar with nothing to stab me in the back

I wonder how YAM is doing these days?

I just see his FB posts when he goes out to dinner. Hopefully he's more busy being grandpa YAM than working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom