Removing a LR Baggs Pickup

mineymole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
If I get a luthier to remove a LR Baggs Pickup from a ukulele, I assume there will be a hole at the bottom of the uke. This is a very nice uku - koa - so I am wondering how I would repair the hole or cover it? Any ideas?

Duck Tape.

Duck Tape.
Us Americans are well known for not learning the language of other cultures and expecting them to all speak the way we do, but in Hawaii most of us do try to honor the Hawaiian language at least on the most common everyday things. Bill Tapia is not saying anything, because he is dead, but "oo-koo-lele is the way most of us say it here in Hawaii.

"oo-koo-lele is the way most of us say it here in Hawaii.

And some of us here on the mainland pronounce it that way too. It is an ukulele not a ukulele.

And now back to the OP's original question. I see it as you could do 2 things: Just disconnect the wires to the end pin jack and leave it in place as a strap button or take it out and fill the hole with a dowel and screw in an strap button - the washer should cover the hole. Option 1 is a whole lot easier.

And some of us here on the mainland pronounce it that way too. It is an ukulele not a ukulele.

And now back to the OP's original question. I see it as you could do 2 things: Just disconnect the wires to the end pin jack and leave it in place as a strap button or take it out and fill the hole with a dowel and screw in an strap button - the washer should cover the hole. Option 1 is a whole lot easier.
Probably one of the best ways to explain how to pronounce the "u" in ukulele.

I actually have an option .5 - leave it in. Replace it if its not working (probably not the issue).

For the OP, interesting that nothing is said about redoing the saddle, assuming its a UST.

If I get a luthier to remove a LR Baggs Pickup from a ukulele, I assume there will be a hole at the bottom of the uke. This is a very nice uku - koa - so I am wondering how I would repair the hole or cover it? Any ideas?
My guess is you want the Baggs for another instrument. You could always stick another old jack in there and call it good. Or put a half inch plug in the hole with or without a strap button.

Us Americans are well known for not learning the language of other cultures and expecting them to all speak the way we do, but in Hawaii most of us do try to honor the Hawaiian language at least on the most common everyday things. Bill Tapia is not saying anything, because he is dead, but "oo-koo-lele is the way most of us say it here in Hawaii.
Many of the rest of the America Inhabitants (from the Cape Froward, Magallanes Chile to Kaffekubben Island Greenland} consider US Citizens vulgar imperialists to refer to ourselves as "Americans" as if those folks don't exist.

Top Bottom