Today's Chuckle

Ahhhhh… no… there’s no anchovies.
A.1. Sauce in the US includes tomato purée, raisin paste, spirit vinegar, corn syrup, salt, crushed orange purée, dried garlic and onions, spice, celery seed, caramel color, potassium sorbate, and xanthan gum.[10] The 'Original' A1 recipe exported to the USA dramatically differs from the versions sold in the UK and in Canada.[2] A.1. Sauce in Canada includes tomato purée, marmalade, raisins, onions, garlic, malt vinegar, sugar, salt, tragacanth, spices and flavourings…

You’re likely confusing that with Lea & Perkins…
You’re right. Lea and Perrins is the one containing anchovies. I stand [properly and pleasantly] corrected;).

Anchovies or no anchovies, A-1 sauce is the pits.
Speaking of pits, I recommend an oddly named chicken soup recipe you can find online by famous UK foodie Mary Berry.
The soup bears the unfortunate moniker of “cock-a-leek-ey” because it includes shredded chicken and leeks in place of onion. But, your having mentioned “the pits” brought the arguably oddest ingredient to mind: prunes / dried plums.

All humor aside, Mary’s version of chicken soup is one of the best I’ve tried.
I recommend that you search “Mary Berry chicken soup” rather than the dish name through google or any other online search engine :ROFLMAO:

What's not shown is that they are late... because leaving at x o'clock to the wife means starting to get ready to go at x o'clock. 😄
…and the fact that all those bags were, according to her, strapped in all the wrong places and I had to move all of them from one side of the bike to the other at least twice before reverting to their original position, which she’ll never admit was correct in the first place. ;)

Top Bottom