Grammy Awards

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
Grammy Awards are tonight. I won't be watching but just read over the list of nominees and there might be a few categories where this gets me to go listen to some music that I've missed over the last year.

I'm rooting for a few to win, though I doubt they'll beat out the popular artists. After watching the documentary American Symphony, I'm rooting for Jon Batiste. Also rooting for Sam Bush's album of Songs of John Hartford. (That one might have a chance to win? At least it's not up against Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Oliva Rodrigo, and the other likely-to-win people.)

Will anyone be paying attention to the Grammys in any category? Has a ukulele album ever won? Or even been nominated?

The Grammys held more interest for me when I was younger and followed the "current" music scene but these days it's more likely that I don't know or have barely heard of the nominated artists. Now I'm much more interested and follow the Emmys and Oscars and to a lesser extent the Golden Globes and SAG awards.

Have it turned on now.

I am outdated in my music tastes now, especially since the kids are moved out. But performances will include Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, and........................ Joni Mitchell!

BTW, just watched "The Greatest Night in Pop" on Netflix. It is a documentary about the making of "We are the World" and includes so many of the big names in 80s music. Was worthwhile to see some of the personalities and stars in a roomful of stars.

Prob not watching. My wife has it on in other room, and all I can hear is MC Trevor Noah screaming about something, no thanks.

But, this guy Billy Strings is apparently nominated, I hope he wins. Never heard of him till today, he was on a Saturday Morning show, and I was blown away by his performance.

Last edited:
John, if you find the time, check out Billy Strings on YouTube. He is a phenomenal guitar picker. I didn't know he was up for a Grammy but I second your vote on him.

My picks don't seem to have won, and Billy Strings also didn't win. (Yes, he's impressive.)

Bluegrass winner was “City of Gold,” Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway, according to the NYT.

I was hoping that Jon Batiste would win something after watching the doc about him, but as they say, it's an honor to be nominated.

Top Bottom