Season 625 - This Season is for the Birds

Thanks for hosting Amanda. Here's one from the pen of Bobby Charles - "...valleys and streams, and birds in the trees.. "

Hello yet again, Amanda! All this talk of runcible spoons made me feel that someone had to do "The Owl & The Pussycat." This version is loosely based on Burl Ives' version for Disney in 1963. (Sorry to keep coming back, but I am going to the Dentist tomorrow to, hopefully, FINALLY get my implant implanted, in which case I shall probably be in agony for the rest of the week, if my last appointment is anything to go by; so I shall sit back now and enjoy everyone else's contributions.)

I'm trying to post one and my internet is being poop

Okay, I’ve got the playlist up to date. Still working on getting them all watched and commented on. I keep getting interrupted. There are some real gems! I also like seeing all the other bird content people are posting. Keep up the good work, y’all!

WALKIN' MY BABY BACK HOME - Roy Turk & Fred Ahlert, 1930

"Owls go by and they give me the eye..."

In the summer of 2004, my brothers and I went on a camping road trip across nothern Ontario. We played a lotta songs, but our favourite and the one that got played the most was this one.
This is a campsight just north of Highway 11 and west of Kapuskasing.
4 little fellers near Kap.jpg
Here's a Talkin' Blues I started but never finished about that trip:
Goin' up North so we packed up the car
Autoharp, mandolin and two guitars,
A bunch of mouth harps and an old kazoo
And of course a tent and some sleeping bags too,
...You never know what you're gonna need on a road trip.

i sing the words to some cartoons i made a few years ago. the cartoons are based on and inspired by an Indian neighbour and his pet parrot. i made these drawings after seeing him and his parrot reading the newspapers one day.
the pair go everywhere together. the man keeps seeds in his shirt pocket for his parrot.

Gulab jamun is a sweet Indian confectionary. More details here.
This video is only 26 seconds long.

I’ve gotten the playlist updated again, and hopefully today will have more time for watching/commenting on videos. Yesterday I had to take a kid to the doctor ( nothing major, thankfully) which messed up my plans for the day, but with that out of the way today should have more free time!

Keep the songs rolling in! And please don’t worry about duplicating songs that others have done already, it won’t bother me and I like seeing how different people put their own spoon on the same song.

Edit: “spin” on the same song, I meant to say. When will I learn to reread what I’ve written (or autocorrect has written for me)? But given the talk of runcible spoons, I think it’s funny 😆.

Last edited:
Top Bottom