Season 626 - Body language

ukudancer

Reaction score
What's up y'all. I'm back as your host for this week.

The theme is "Body Language." Bring me songs that have body parts in the title or lyrics.

You guys should know your body parts. I will also accept slang like badonkadonk, gams, etc....Note, if you bring in some slang, please explain to the rest of us if necessary.

There's also a sub theme! It is Season 626, so if you want to bring something without body parts. I will also accept songs from Lilo & Stitch. If you've seen the film, you'll know why.

Usual rules apply. The uke should be front and center. No entries should be posted until 12am Hawaii time.

Please limit your entries to 4 & 1/4 songs. Ie, you can tag a mini tune at the end of your last entry or separately. Your call.

In the meantime, there's still time to feed the birb thread.

SOTU 626 EDIT - Playlist is up and running!

Last edited:
Hi there, thanks for hosting this week.
My first thought was the Nina Simone song " Ain't Got No" it mentions all body parts! I realised that I already had a song that mentions body bits.
Recently I have been liking old Bee Gees stuff, especially this one, "I Started a Joke"
Cheers Paul

Ooh, I love Lilo and Stitch! I don’t have any of the songs currently in my repertoire but i bet I can manage it by the end of the week.

Hello Arvin, and thanks for hosting again so quickly! This song goes back to 1966 and appeared on "The Lovin' Spoonful's" second album ...

As a mini tune enthusiast i will find 4 songs so i can bring my mini tune.🤓 what is the tiniest body part?🤔
Probably more than you asked for ;)

bone stapes
gland salivary
vein venules
nerve trochlear
lymph capillaries
... a few more no one would want to sing about were deleted.

Last edited:
Good morning, everyone! The playlist has been launched. I'll start commenting later, but I did listen to them this morning while taking a break from learning Eyes Without A Face. The bassline is surprisingly tricky and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that synth modulation yet. The uke part looks easy and I'm guessing the same with the vocal melody?

I wanted to start off with doing Mr. Jones for the Counting Crows for last season & this one, but I struggled with it a lot if I'm being honest.

I am so tempted to write a song about bum cheeks.

...all right. Enough I'll grow up now.

I am so tempted to write a song about bum cheeks.

...all right. Enough I'll grow up now.
What better song to sing at 9am on a Sunday?

I thought I knew this song better than I did... i guess I only know the beginning well then it falls apart a bit. 😆 But who cares?! Still fun stuff!!

Thanks for hosting, Arvin!

This is a song probably most associated with Pete Seeger. I changed one of his lines to take out the socio-political content and I kind of think it works better. (But what do I know? 😄) Here we have mention of ears, teeth, eyes, heels and head - My Get Up And Go (Has Got Up And Went).

Good morning, everyone! The playlist has been launched. I'll start commenting later, but I did listen to them this morning while taking a break from learning Eyes Without A Face. The bassline is surprisingly tricky and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that synth modulation yet. The uke part looks easy and I'm guessing the same with the vocal melody?

I wanted to start off with doing Mr. Jones for the Counting Crows for last season & this one, but I struggled with it a lot if I'm being honest.
I’m right there with you! I like Counting Crows , and that song in particular, but I struggled with it for a different season and never did a video, and decided not to even try for my own season. The matching of the rhythm to the words is hard!

Top Bottom