Price
$225 without case and $ 255 with case
Shipping
Free to contiguous US
Size
Concert

SkeeterAB

Reaction score
This is a beautiful all solid concert ukulele with a sinker Oregon redwood top and a rosewood body bound in maple. It is a limited edition Ohana model ck-42. Sinker redwood is redwood that was lost to sinking when was being transported by river after logging. Much of the sinker redwood currently sold lay on the bottom of a river absorbing minerals from the mud for more than 100 years before being rediscovered. It is by nature a very limited resource. I love the full sound. It is has been sold new by Mim’s Ukes and others for $500.

This is a great ukulele I bought on the forum last November (see thread below)
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...solid-sinker-redwood-rosewood-concert.161243/

I bought this to play while I passed my time looking for the very rare curly sinker redwood version of the same ukulele ck-42e. The only reason I am selling this ukulele is that I was finally able to buy the rare curly sinker version (for $300 more than I paid for this one) and I need to offset that spending.

This ukulele is in excellent condition. There anre only two tiny imperfections. One is a tiny spot in the finish on the face of the headstock (hard to see because it is under the string). The other is a tiny crack in the finish on the very top of the headstock (cannot be seen from the front, only when you look closely from the top of the headstock). It had these tiny imperfections when I received it, but they are so minor that the last owner did not even notice them. It was strung with new high G fluorocarbon strings last November (either KoAloha strings or Worth clear, but I can’t remember which). I have two prices, one with no case and $30 higher with an almost like new (3 month old) Uke Crazy hard foam case.
Edit - I forgot to mention that it has been kept in a hard case with Boveda humidity control packs and a hygrometer to make sure it was in the desired humidity range.

It has a lovely glossy finish, but it does makes it hard for someone without photography skills (like me) to get good images without weird reflections. Also the tiny white specs in closeups are dust, not marks in the finish. Apparently my photography skills are tailored for highlighting dust ;)

IMG_1222.jpegIMG_1209.jpegIMG_1211.jpegIMG_1215.jpegIMG_1214.jpegIMG_1218.jpegIMG_1220.jpegIMG_1229.jpeg

Last edited:
All solid: top is solid sinker redwood, sides and back are solid rosewood. See specs at link below.

I am not usually a fan of rope binding, but it is beautiful on this ukulele.

Wow the crowd is going wild that you found your much sought after ukulele. Next please post a NUD ;)

Top Bottom