Season 631: I Mist You

Seems like the last few months, seasons just get right by me without my hitting record. Parents leaving, pets doing the same, new cats trashing the place…work being too much work, training two classes of future raptor wranglers, and little league. Just buried, but Mel called a tune and I could not help but play it.
Thanks for the reason Pancho.

thank you everyone for an incredible day! such great songs!
we went from jazz, to folk, old-time traditionals, an awesome original,
pop, tin pan alley and rock and some gorgeous footage
and reflections from Rob as we like to expect.
w/out mentioning anyone by name, there were some truly unexpected
surprises and an array of mindblowingly good recordings.
you're all brilliant! was a joy to listen today,
as it has been each day so far, eh Charlie...
💚🌻🙂

charlie brown - pitching mound in the rain.jpg

'Twas never my intent to come back today, but, for the first time this week, the sun is seriously shining and the temperature is 18 degrees ... so I thought it was time to celebrate! Herewith, I bring you a reflective, unnecessarily over-dramatic version of a classic song, preaching the virtues of optimism. Dedicated to our esteemed Host, who, by his own admission, has trouble keeping his "sunny side up" ....

thank you everyone for an incredible day! such great songs!
we went from jazz, to folk, old-time traditionals, an awesome original,
pop, tin pan alley and rock and some gorgeous footage
and reflections from Rob as we like to expect.
w/out mentioning anyone by name, there were some truly unexpected
surprises and an array of mindblowingly good recordings.
you're all brilliant! was a joy to listen today,
as it has been each day so far, eh Charlie...
💚🌻🙂

View attachment 168985

The weather with Greta.

Cheers for hosting Jon. I've covered this one yonks back but love Buddy Holly (the greatest writer of love songs ever) and love this song so any chance to do it and I'm there. Public Image courtesy of the Bobby Dazzler Appreciation Society.

Renaissance Man sang over my 2022 cover of Everybody's Talkin', and shared the recording with me. I felt honoured and was pleasantly surprised. His voice singing along with mine has a certain quality that i dunno how to describe, so i decided that this painting of mine may show a little of how i feel.
Thornton Rule here, Jon. As 50% of this submission is old stuff.
:--)

This is a very old original from the late 1980s. I used it once before for the Seasons, but it was a long time ago when I was new here. It was about something that happened one December night when it was cool but not cold and very, very foggy. Eventually the fog became so dense that it began misting rain. If I'm outside on a night like that even now it triggers memories and I start wondering what ever happened to her. I originally wrote this on a Korg digital piano and I've never really been able to translate it well to the ukulele. I still have the recording I made back then, recorded onto a cassette tape with my old boombox. I forgot to button my shirt over my white t-shirt, and the white t-shirt messed up the lighting, so it looks grainy and weird. Oh well. It was a weird night. Rain predicted for tomorrow.

Another seventies song - Sunshine on My Shoulders by John Denver.

After hovering around 30º C Monday & Tuesday with about 1mm of rain Tuesday it struggled to get to a top of 15º C yesterday with a very cool breeze and is back at about 21 with a gusty wind today. Tops of between 19 and 21 expected for the next few days with a chance of a shower on Sunday. I should be concentrating on rain dances and not songs about sunshine - so dry here at the moment.

P1000543.JPG

Another seventies song - Sunshine on My Shoulders by John Denver.

After hovering around 30º C Monday & Tuesday with about 1mm of rain Tuesday it struggled to get to a top of 15º C yesterday with a very cool breeze and is back at about 21 with a gusty wind today. Tops of between 19 and 21 expected for the next few days with a chance of a shower on Sunday. I should be concentrating on rain dances and not songs about sunshine - so dry here at the moment.

View attachment 169018

20240321_100530.jpg
Dedication from the "scent of water"
This sense of renewal is something Elizabeth Goudge experienced again and again through out her life... the kangaroo is resilient.

Last edited:
Top Bottom