Revelator Prototype Pictures

Jerry, where were you that you got to try them both out? This style is called "The Owl". I think Pete brought a few of this style bodies over when he trained Kala on building the Revelator. I've been wondering if they had different sounds. But even if they did my next question would be is it the body or the Walnut wood? Thanks for answering both questions!

Jerry, where were you that you got to try them both out? This style is called "The Owl". I think Pete brought a few of this style bodies over when he trained Kala on building the Revelator. I've been wondering if they had different sounds. But even if they did my next question would be is it the body or the Walnut wood? Thanks for answering both questions!

Correct - "Night Owl." Try them out? I don't think I have ever tried out a uke before I bought it. There's no place within driving distance for me to do that. I have very little sales resistance. I watch a lot of online reviews, and if Baz gives a uke a score of 9.0 or above, it's hard for me to resist. Of course, I have to like the appearance, etc. I have to be careful watching Baz and The Southern Ukulele Store.

I remember seeing his online review of the Bonanza Oreo. When I saw the picture of it, it was love at first site. My first thought was, "I hope it isn't too expensive."

Try them out? I don't think I have ever tried out a uke before I bought it.
In your original post you said "Strumming this and the Revelator, my ears can't tell them apart." Is there a side by side comparison of them or are your ears hearing imaginary sounds? Could be scary!

In your original post you said "Strumming this and the Revelator, my ears can't tell them apart." Is there a side by side comparison of them or are your ears hearing imaginary sounds? Could be scary!
I haven't placed them back-to-back, but I suspect that loop on the top left of the prototype would make it wider than the final product. When I place them back-to-back, I'll let you know. Each one is made perfectly. It's not like the prototype was thrown together just to see what it would look like.

I'll bring the Revelator to the jam today and the prototype to tomorrow's jam. I'm thinking about building a case to hold both of them.

Wow, I wish I would have known that a few months ago, I might not have had a custom thinline made by Bruce Wei for $850 instead of $1500 for a Revelator (but it did come out really good). I still may get a Night Owl, put myself on the notify list.

Yeah, I'm on the notify list for the Mango. And I still have enough Kala Coins for another 20% discount!!

Are the Night Owls going to be made in California?

I like the binding. These remind me of the USA made prototypes which had fret dots. But as the owner of a USA made, I have mixed feelings. I think this will cheapen or at least reduce any resale value for those with the Revelator. Fortunately I have no plans to sell mine.

Top Bottom