Cocobolo Ukuleles Owners Thread

The one posted yesterday was $525. I should have jumped on it yesterday without asking any questions, but the seller had no history, the description was missing key information and there was no picture of the label. It made me a bit suspicious, but maybe it was just an inexperienced seller.

Don’t feel badly about doing the right thing. Jumping blindly without doing your due diligence usually doesn’t end well. I’ve learned to pass on items with too many unanswered questions. Just not worth it. You‘ll find what you want, just be patient.

The one posted yesterday was $525. I should have jumped on it yesterday without asking any questions, but the seller had no history, the description was missing key information and there was no picture of the label. It made me a bit suspicious, but maybe it was just an inexperienced seller.
I'd have taken the same approach @SkeeterAB. You're safe, not sorry. What's the old expression from the Civil War "keep your powder dry". Save your money. When I first started I was buying guitars, and then ukuleles. And I was averaging spending $400-$600 per unit. While talking with one of my son's one day, I was telling him about a $1500 something that I wanted, and he said "Dad, if everytime you find a $300-$400 one that you hope you'll like, if you'd just put that money aside each time, pretty soon you'll buy the $1500 one and really be happy". I still haven't bought the $1500 one but I took his advice. Anyway, you're just fighting UAS, but every time a new one comes out, it's better than the last generation and we all want it. So my guess is that somehow you'll find the Cocobolo that your want, and it'll be worth the wait. Just keep your powder dry. And it'll be the one you wanted all along.

Does anyone know if Cocobolo is taking orders or if they are only selling through TUS now? Due to my unfortunate timing I discovered them and got on the lottery list months after they had extra ukes on sale and right before they stopped the lottery.
Perhaps you could try to post a want to buy on the UU Marketplace. There should be a number of Cocobolos out there in the wild 🌴

Perhaps you could try to post a want to buy on the UU Marketplace. There should be a number of Cocobolos out there in the wild 🌴
Great suggestion. Because my uke fund is currently depleted I will wait a few months until it is not in the red to do a “wanted” post on the marketplace:)

This has probably been answered before but my apologies. How are these guys sellng their ukes now? TUS? I was on there auction list but apparently they're not doing that anymore.
Thanks!

This has probably been answered before but my apologies. How are these guys sellng their ukes now? TUS? I was on there auction list but apparently they're not doing that anymore.
Thanks!
Hey there @Troou2. If you’ll just scroll up a bit, the last 6-7 posts have all been related to your question. After you read it, if you need any clarification just let us know. But that’s been answered within the last few days.

Last edited:
Thanks!
Cocobolo does NOT do the auction

I am not in the market for a Cocobolo 5-string tenor, but for anyone who is looking, there is a striking one currently listed on reverb for $900.

@RafterGirl Of course! You had to bring this up! I’ve been trying to buy one since you posted this but there’s something wrong with the check out page. It won’t take my money!!
Maybe the ukulele Gods are trying to tell me I have enough!!

@RafterGirl Of course! You had to bring this up! I’ve been trying to buy one since you posted this but there’s something wrong with the check out page. It won’t take my money!!
Maybe the ukulele Gods are trying to tell me I have enough!!

I'm sure if you call them they'll find a way to trade little bits of green paper for an amazing instrument. :) :)

Their tenors and concerts are both fabulous! I think right up there with the K-brands and customs.

(I'm sure the sopranos are also good, just haven't had a chance to try them.)

Last edited:
☹️ No one is there till tomorrow. They could all be gone by then!!!!!!! :oops:

Top Bottom