5 Easy Blues Licks 4U

Nice job, thanks for sharing

Hey, thanks! They sound good. Ha, you make it look so easy. Just starting to learn Blues patterns and riffs so this is a nice offering.

Well, isn't that nice. First, Dominator educational vids for those of us who can already play like Jake...lol..and now FF with licks we 99 per centers can enjoy. Thanks. That's super kind of you. Please keep 'em coming. Aloha.

Thank you for your kind words.
I guess everyone who started playing Blues began with covers of some licks.
To get deeper into it, learning some pentatonic scales with blue notes should be useful as well.
@ukulefty: Ukulefty's uke haven looks good too.
@coolkayaker1: I try to keep it simple to give an easy approach for everyone. You have an impressive ukulele collection.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Thank you!

One small suggestion.

You should have a PDF with all the lick tabs one one sheet...

Great stuff!

Thanks! This is very much appreciated. :cheers:

Thanks for that.
Your blog has a lot of other really great stuff too.
I have been playing for about a month and this helps a lot.

Thank you willc.

I try to keep things simple, so that beginners can play it.
Strum on.

FriendlyFred,

Thanks very much for those tutorials. It's great to see some ukulele tutorials focussing on blues because, to be honest, the tuning and timbre of the ukulele seems like it was just made for that kind of music.

The icing on the cake is that you've included the notation and tablature which is a double-bonus (like a double-stuffed Oreo). All too often we're just left with the tab to these tutorials (if we're lucky enough to even get that) which really doesn't help much if you're trying to learn music as well as a musical instrument (which everyone should be doing, by the way). I don't know why there's such a disconnect between reading music and learning the guitar and ukulele these days, but I digress...

Great tutorials! I'm looking forward to committing them all to memory.

Cheers,
Ash

Last edited:
Thank you very much AussieAsh, Capt Amazo & blue_knight_usa.
I really appreciate your kind feedback.

@AussieAsh: I try to give the right informations to everybody. Notes, tabs, video, playalong.
I guess reading music sheets ( I mean notation ) came a little bit out of style. Most people are satisfied with tabs.
But if you can read notation it you can use everything like the Real Book or whatever.

So if you liked the riffs I may record another five. But there are so many things on my mind.
In the future I might do some videos about flatpicking, Country, Gospel or slide technique on the uke.

Last edited:
FriendlyFred, I'm overwhelmed by you, and people like you, who share so much with the Ukulele community. I can only imagine the time and effort it takes not only to have a website like yours, but also to record the tutorials. I wish I could say something more than 'thank you'. But as you encourage me, I also try to encourage and introduce the ukulele to as many people as I can.
Thanks again!

FriendlyFred,

First off, just like xjumper, I too am extremely impressed and amazed by just how many helpful people like yourself are within the ukulele community. I've already bookmarked your site and already I find myself referring to it regularly. By the way, if you ever need some help with your website just let me know and I'll be happy oblige.

Secondly, I would love to see future tutorials on flatpicking, country, gospel and especially slide technique on the uke as you mentioned above. You've obviously got a lot of good ideas for future content so I'm sure no matter what you decide to add next will be greatly appreciated by everyone who comes across it.

All the best,
Ash

Top Bottom