Season 289 - ALWAYS and NEVER

pabrizzer

Reaction score

Perform a song with the word ALWAYS or NEVER (or both) in the TITLE.

Covers are of course welcome but I'd really love you to bring me original songs this week.

There will be some little token as a prize.

No song limit but if you bring multiple songs please alternate between the ALWAYS and NEVER songs.

Don't post songs until 00:00:01 Sunday 27th August Hawaii time.

Only post new songs recorded for this theme in this thread please.

PLAYLIST

Originals

Oh. Of course Blues in the key of Bb are most welcome!

Posted a little early as I will be out most of today....

Last edited:
Nice theme.
I almost expected you to do a "something" theme, just to mess with the idea of a nothing-theme that you planted a few weeks ago, but always and never have so many more options:)

Argh. I was really hoping I'd be able to do the "Nothing" song I had picked out a few weeks ago. Now I have to get thinking again.

I never expected this theme.

...or did I always expect this theme? :rolleyes:

"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" - Monty Python - at UkeFest NJ

I guess Pabrizzer won't be first to post this morning. Or will he?

Meanwhile, last night at UkeFest New Jersey V, five of eight Seasonistas at the fest managed to grab a few minutes between concert sets to make a quick unrehearsed video together.

Left to right we are Booli, Tommy, Wendy, Mark (Marco D), and Ken (W2KB). Present at the fest but not in the vid were FiL (due to a case of extreme festivalorganizeritis), Neil, who left early, and Sharon.

See if you can guess in advance which two of us collapsed into an uncontrollable mutual giggle fit at the end as we stumbled blindly into the unanticipated key change.

Great big thanks to Booli, Tommy, Wendy, Mark (Marco D), and Ken (W2KB) for throwing the first ball of the season. And of course the ever reliable Rob!
We are underway.
I wrote a couple for the season. Here's my Always.

Note: This is a totally different song than what uke1950 posted of the same title. What he did was really cool though! As I've stated before, I love songs of this style. This one was written by Mel Tillis, and was a hit for Tillis and Webb Pierce, and has been recorded by lots of other artists.

a popular song written by Irving Berlin in 1925 as a gift for his wife

Here's an original I cooked up this morning, that has both of the themes for the week in it. Not sure if it's fully cooked, or any good, but I'm putting it out here. I'm not a songwriter, kinda self conscience of even trying it really.

This song has been recorded by many artists. I've always liked it, glad I tried it out finally. It's a bold little song lyrically.

Top Bottom