Song Help Request In Your Hawaiian Way

Here ya go.
Forgot to add in the intro which is: D7-G7-C, D7-D7-C
The Way she plays it the intro is: D7-G7-C-C x2
24xf410.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks!

When I watch her play, it looks like she is using different chords from those listed. Is this my imagination? Would it be different between types of Ukes? I am playing a Kala Tenor.

Many thanks!

When I watch her play, it looks like she is using different chords from those listed. Is this my imagination? Would it be different between types of Ukes? I am playing a Kala Tenor.
Looks like she's playing a soprano. Usually sopranos, concerts and tenors are tuned gcea but some people tune them differently. Hard to tell, maybe she's using bar chords or she's playing it in another key, doesn't matter unless you want to play along with her.

Many thanks!

It seems as she's using some of the same chords with variation. The variation shes playing seems more suited for a beginner, while my variation is based off of the actual sheet music for the song. Also it would not be any different unless shes using a baritone or something other than standard GCEA tuning.

Just a FYI. A group called Nalu released the song in '93 on the album of the same name.

Top Bottom