Why is the site so unstable today?

gszaboky

Reaction score
I go to the site and I am greeted with the site's new look, which is OK, but the link for the Forum is on the bottom of the page. When I click on it I get a blank page. I refresh and I get bunch of error messages. I refresh again and I finally get the forum page. Are you guys having problems with the new configuration? BTW, I am using Firefox 10.0.2

George

Last edited:
I'm not experiencing any problems from the Main site going to the forum. But, why not just bookmark the forum and main page separately?

I have a similar experience....click the forum link, get blank page...go back to home page, then the forum link works....just fyi

My guess was going to be "collective PMS?".

While unlikely, it could be that the link from the UU homepage is calling .com/forum when the page itself is .com/forum/

It may look the same, but the link is having to 301 redirect from /forum to /forum/

For SEO purposes, be sure that all site links point to the final destination and don't go through a 301.

Yes, I am a nerd. ;)

OK, just now I received a Database Error, so maybe the issues go beyond just the linking structure.

Screen shot 2012-03-13 at 8.46.51 PM.jpg

I had a few issues with "stalled" postings (comments go through, but the page hangs) yesterday, but no problems today. As suggested by Kanaka916, I've had separate bookmarks for the forum and the lessons section.

I have the forum as one of home tabs, but when I log in I always get an "invalid redirect" message, and and have to do it a second time. Second time, it works.

I'm using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, and the forum is working just fine... I wonder what the problem is.

I am also having difficulty. I keep myself logged in, so when I click on the forums, it seems to verify who I am and leaves me stranded on a blank page--when I go back and hit forums again, it puts me through. Not impossible, but frustrating...

I no longer see any problems. I also noticed on another thread that Ryan has done some work with respect redirects and the forum. Hopefully this fixed it for everyone.

George

Top Bottom