Season 270 - Be-Cause

turtledrum

Reaction score
Season 270: Be-Cause

Welcome, Seasonistas and all other uke players who'd like to join us for a week of good fun and listening! All are welcome!

Over the years singer/songwriters and musicians have used their voices, visions and talents to support causes they have believed in. Performing in benefit concerts has been their way to focus public attention where they felt it was needed. Attending some of those benefit concerts has given me memories I’ll never forget.

Our theme for Season 270 is “Be-Cause.” Let’s rekindle the flames of those great benefit concerts and performances. “Be” with those performers and their “Causes.”

Here’s the challenge:

Here’s a Wikipedia link that may help to refresh your memory of some of the benefit concerts the world has seen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benefit_concert

Cover songs performed by performers who have contributed their talents to a benefit concert. It can be a concert that was held locally where you live; the benefit need not have received international media attention. The songs you perform may be from any point in the artist’s career and may be from his/her solo or band member phases. The concert must have been billed as a benefit concert.

*** Note: Benefit concerts (not recordings to support causes) is the theme.

***Be sure to identify both the benefit the artist performed in and the artist’s name in the Season 270 thread which contains your posted vid.

If you prefer to compose an original song, please use this opportunity to compose a song which reflects a cause that you have and/or currently believe in.

Unlimited entries. No previously posted vids from Seasons related threads. Usual start and end times. Comments will be placed on the Tube.

C’mon, it’s time for a good concert! Why? Be-Cause! ;)

PLAYLIST 270 : CLICK ON BELOW LINK

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGoYd7qUIo5a8hd4wb78hcAC7SWMgn_Pk

Last edited:
No opening vid for me, But I'll offer this one to get us going.

Season 270. Submission 1. "Here Comes The Sun" (Written by George Harrison (1969) and performed by The Beatles.)

George Harrison was the mover and shaker behind The Concert For Bangladesh in April of 1971. He performed this song at the concert, the first time the song was performed live by him.

Can't wait to see what everyone brings, but don't forget - plenty of time left to be a cowboy and cowgirl for Randy in Season 269!

Last edited:
Oh yes Linda. This is going to bring in so many great songs. Fabulous idea!

My gosh, Linda! This is a novel idea .... and a challenging one; my mind has gone completely blank!

So, um...I recently wrote a song about the 2016 presidential campaign. I'm tempted to rerecord it for this season, but I'm concerned it would be too political. :-/

Lovely idea.
Thanks so much.
The mind simmers each Saturday evening....
Will there be time in this week for a song or two?
We hope, we dream...

My gosh, Linda! This is a novel idea .... and a challenging one; my mind has gone completely blank!

Val, look at the list in the Wikipedia link. Lots of concerts in England with performers that you'll know. I hope you'll find it easier than you think. ;)

So, um...I recently wrote a song about the 2016 presidential campaign. I'm tempted to rerecord it for this season, but I'm concerned it would be too political. :-/

It's fair game for you to bring a song about a cause that you believe in or currently support. But that being said, you'll have to make the call. I hope you'll consider another if you decide not to bring this one.

It's going to be another great Season.....Maybe I'll sing my first Peter Gabriel cover for this Season....remember the concert for Mandela?
Thx a lot, Linda!

It's going to be another great Season.....Maybe I'll sing my first Peter Gabriel cover for this Season....remember the concert for Mandela?
Thx a lot, Linda!

Wow - Peter Gabriel! Haven't heard a uke cover of him in I don't know how long! Great idea, Heino! :)

Coool! Great theme, Linda!

The pUKEs have performed at many a benefit concert, usually in aid of some obscure charity or other. I'd have no problem with bringing the songs. I'd just have to try and remember what cause we were supporting that week!! :)

The pUKEs have performed at many a benefit concert, usually in aid of some obscure charity or other. I'd have no problem with bringing the songs. I'd just have to try and remember what cause we were supporting that week!! :)

Paul, what's a Google for ......other than pUKEs recall assistance? ;) Can't wait to hear what you bring!

How about your starter for 10,the Live Aid concerts, here at Wembley and the Philadephia one? Loads of artists, lots of songs.... And there was Live 8 too. :D

How about your starter for 10,the Live Aid concerts, here at Wembley and the Philadephia one? Loads of artists, lots of songs.... And there was Live 8 too. :D

Very many thanks, Sir ... good suggestion! (What IS your name, by the way?) Having given the matter all of two minutes' consideration, I decided to try a bit of lateral thinking and approach it from a completely different direction .... choose an artist and then find out if they have actually been involved in any benefit concerts!

Top Bottom