Double NUD - Kala cedar top concert and Ohana Taropatch...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
First time I ever ordered 2 ukes at once! I was shopping for an instrument for low G and always wanted the Ohana CK-35-8 Taropatch and Mim made me a package deal! So...

I got the Kala KA-CTG-ACP for my low G instrument, still waiting for an order of Living Water low G strings to install, so haven't played it much, but it's a gorgeous little uke. Solid cedar top with acacia back and sides and gorgeous slotted headstock.
IMG_20180407_162612355~2.jpg IMG_20180407_162653168~2.jpg IMG_20180407_162751881~2.jpg

I'd also been wanting the Ohana CK-35-8 concert 8-string Taropatch ever since Mim previewed it at NAMM a couple years ago. They finally came out about a year ago and I was working on ordering one, but when the one I wanted sold, I thought it was a sign and got a Ubass instead, great decision, love playing Ubass with a couple uke groups!

Anyway, here's the Taropatch, all solid mahogany, it sounds awesome! I think I'm really going to enjoy this...:shaka:
IMG_20180407_162717613~2.jpg IMG_20180407_162735284~2.jpg IMG_20180407_162742534~2.jpg

Congrats, UkerDanno. That Taropatch looks interesting. I would love to hear a sound sample. I have the Baritone version of your Kala Cedar top. It has become my favorite ukulele. I have Living Water strings on it and it sounds great.

I was sitting near a Kala Cedar acacia tenor yesterday and was struck by the clarity of tone. He just strung it with Aquila Sugar Strings. Of course I had to put my paws on it. I found the sugar strings to be very hard and uncomfortable under my fingers. But the tone coming out of that ukulele was terrific. And the clarity of notes was equally brilliant all up the fretboard. Congrats on picking a winner!

I've Got Mail from somewhere in Heaven, took 16 days from Heaven to Arizona...:shaka:
LWstrings.jpg

That Kala is beautiful. I saw Brett McQueen playing one, and I did a little research to find out what it was and then ordered one. I like the cedar top and the slotted headstock. Of course, it sounds nice, too.

:shaka: Can't wait to get these Low G Living Water strings on it...

I saw Brett McQueen playing a Kala like that, and I ordered one shortly afterwards. It looks nice and sounds nice. I like the looks of the slotted headstock.

Top Bottom