Any ukulele players in Auckland interested in meeting up for a jam?

Chrissy

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Chrissy,

Three weeks ago I brought my first ukulele and have begun learning basic chords and songs. I’m really interested in practicing with other ukulele players both beginners and experienced either on a regular basis or even a once off.

I live in Epsom and would ideally like to get a group of Uke players to practice perhaps once a week!?

Sound like you, get in contact with me to discuss times and location.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Cheers,

Chrissy

Aloha Chrissy,
Just wanted to say hi from Hawaii...if you come here, will be glad to play ukes with you...ha ha..Happy Strummings..MM Stan
Welcome to the UU and our forums...Congratulations with your new first ukulele..Have fun and enjoy!!

Good luck with getting jam mates. It may take some time if a group already does not exist.

Hey, thanks for that, Im super excited about life now, with the ukulele, even if is currently driving friends and family bonkers. I can only get better, right!?
Hawaii is on the card for the future, ill be sure to pack the uke.

Thanks for the nice note,

Cheers
Chrissy

Hey Chrissy! Welcome to UU :)

I'm in Wellington so can't be much help, but I believe you can hunt some people down here:
http://groups.google.com/group/auckland-ukulele-network/

If you're on Facebook, add KiwiUkulele to your likes, and if you don't already have that book - get it! :)

I'll be in up in Auckland next weekend but I'll be there for work, so I might be a bit too exhausted to meetup, I'm not sure I'll even have any time for uking so I might not even bring one up :(

Hey Whetu,

Thanks for the link to the uke groups in Auckland, ill be sure to contact them and see if i can join in. I have indeed invested in the KiwiUkulele book and have found it VERY helpful!

Hope you get good weather in Aucks, its very much hit and miss these days. If you do get time and feel like a jam, let me know, id be keen.

Thanks again,

Chrissy

I hope I get good weather too! I spent a lot of time in Auckland as a kid (well, North Shore really - Birkenhead/Birkdale/Beachaven/Northcote kind of area, with a bit of Glenfield, Takapuna and Greenhithe depending on which uncle/aunty I was visiting), so I hope there's no tornados to ruin my day ;)

We had an odd summer down here in Wellington, it was otherwise very mild compared to the rest of the country, but then we had some random shockingly muggy days... they'd be something like 22 degrees when everyone else was moaning about 28 degrees, but we'd have 95% humidity and 0 wind. In the windy city - where is the bloody wind when you need it!? :)

Anyway, as I understand it, the office I'll be working in up there is in Ellerslie, and I don't imagine our hotel will be too far from that, so it's in your neck of the Auckland sprawl :)

Hello Chrissy

Hey You Can Jam With Us. Were Looking For Uke Players. Were Performing in a Show Nextweekend & Sadly Most of Our Uke Players Were not able to the Practices. Were only Doing One Item in a Show Nextweekend on Sat Night 10 Sept at 7PM in Hillsborough. I Live in Hillsborough and Most of The Players Live Centrally. There is a Practice This Sat at 5PM If You are Keen? The Song we are Doing is Called Hey Soul Sister By Train. Let Me Know If You are Interested and if You Know Any oneElse Who is Interested in Being Involved in This.

Regards
Lee

Hey Chrissy, hi leemarlee
It's been a while since you two posted but if you're still interested in jamming or collobrationg somehow i would like to join.

Hi all, I know it has been a while since this thread began, but I am keen to jam with a group if you guys are still jamming together...I have played the uke off and on for the last few years, but that said I am no expert. I currently live in St Johns so am rather close to the city...Hope to hear from you soon!

Uke Jam nz. Ukulele Karaoke

Hi Chrissy!

Check in with Uke Jam nz for a Ukulele Jam near you.

http://www.ukejam.co.nz

Cheers:

Lady Lynley and Mr. Micky Finn McMichaels IV

Hello, my name is Chrissy,

Three weeks ago I brought my first ukulele and have begun learning basic chords and songs. I’m really interested in practicing with other ukulele players both beginners and experienced either on a regular basis or even a once off.

I live in Epsom and would ideally like to get a group of Uke players to practice perhaps once a week!?

Sound like you, get in contact with me to discuss times and location.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Cheers,

Chrissy

Top Bottom