Who is going?

peanuts56

Reaction score
My wife and I will be on Oahu visiting her brother next month. We are usually there in July and go to Roy Sakuma's Festival.
Two of my wife's cousins are students of Roy's and play every year.
Anyone else planning to be there? It would be nice to put some faces to the names here. I met MM Stan a few years ago and usually get together for dinner while there.

Hey Peanuts -

I am planning on going this year, and I think we met a couple of years ago. I was going to ask for a roll call too, but I was going to put the Oahu Uke Fest in the thread title <g>.

- Rick G.

Greenie, we did meet a few years ago. I have a picture of you, Stan and me somewhere. I think we were in front of the Kanilea booth. I'll find you.
Aloha,
Brian

If we had money, we'd go. I'd have to take a cruise liner, can't fly.

at least 3 of us from STRUM (Seattle's Totally-Relaxed Ukulele Musicians) are planning on being there for the Festival
and the Fri night Gala. One of our number will also be participating with a group from Australia, and we are all planning
on playing with Roy's Strummers if we can find out the right color Tshirt to buy :)
we're planning on being behind the HMS vendor tent, hopefully, Andrew will have a kanikapila tent set up for us. if not,
no worries, the weather should be A-OK :) keep your fingers crossed.

keep uke'in', and...

anyone else coming to the Festival, Sun July 16?

Hey Peanuts56, I was there. Did we meet? I'm the big and girthy, freakishly-tall-for-being-Japanese guy hanging around the Ukulele Site tent most of the day.

I don't think I saw you. I was there a few times for a few minutes. Went looking for my buddy Stan. Are you going to the zoo on Wednesday for Willie K? I'm pretty sure Greenie is going.

I don't think I saw you. I was there a few times for a few minutes. Went looking for my buddy Stan. Are you going to the zoo on Wednesday for Willie K? I'm pretty sure Greenie is going.

I'm flying back home tomorrow (Tues) so I'll miss Willie K at the zoo. Tell greenie to save some udon for the rest of us! :)

Didn't the festival happen last Sunday? The Waikiki Ukulele Festival? Is the Roy Sakuma Festival different?

They're the same. Great day. I'm pretty sure Roy has posted some videos on Facebook by now.

They're the same. Great day. I'm pretty sure Roy has posted some videos on Facebook by now.

I was at the Ukulele Site tent..Stan was there with Greg(Geetee on the UU) and so was Chuck Moore with Bonnie,Andrew and the whole gang(Zach,Corey and Joel) Uncle Rod, Gyosh,Greenie etc..did you say hello?

come down to the Ukulele Site in Haleiwa and say hello

Top Bottom