Deering banjolele case?

Zambezi Zelda

Reaction score
Any Deering owners out there found a case (other than the Deering companies own) to fit this monster? I understand that a type "A" mandolin gig bag is sometime shipped when the Deering comes "w/case". Don't get me wrong, I like the oem bag, but $65 is a bit steep for my pocketbook.

Gretsch makes a nice banjo uke gig bag. I bought one for a Southern Cross banjo.

Almost all banjo ukes except deering are 8" rims (with a small minority being 6"). Deering is an 11" rim in concert and a 12" rim in tenor. 8" rims fit into a standard concert uke case wedged in where the lower bout usually goes, but an 11" rim won't work for that. I have the OEM gig bag and it is nice, however to get a decent deal on it you probably have to buy it with the uke.

I have a cheap mandolin hard case that is too big for my mandolin that I will try the banjo uke in when I get a chance and report back.

Any news on this topic? I'm looking for one myself, without any luck.

You might try contacting Deering. The gigbag for the tenor Goodtime Banjo Uke was an option. Well, technically, you could buy one with a gig bag or one without. So, the company MIGHT have some extras sitting around.

As a caveat, when I bought one from Mim, she was including the gig bag for free.

You can also buy a metal armrest from Deering. #AR-G. I highly recommend it. It cost $25 when I bought mine in 2019. I never saw a wooden one offered that fit the 12" Goodtime rim.

Top Bottom