NUD: Moore Bettah Tenor elegant & awesome

Congrat's, that's a gorgeous hunk of wood!

Beauty, will definitely need more pictures once you come up for air!
OK, camera is now ready and it's a beautiful day south of Atlanta.

P1060736_zps70062058.jpg

P1060739_zps9c2e9738.jpg

P1060734_zpscf9ccd55.jpg

P1060731_zps5ae65209.jpg

So nice to see all the UUers get such nice ukuleles from such a nice man.

Yours is very classy indeed.

One day, I will join all you folks!

Congratulations on your new Moore Bettah. It's absolutely beautiful! It's nice to see the MB joy and Aloha being spread among so many!

Aloha Hodge...
Wow wow wow congratulations. on your amazing MB and welcome to the MB family....wow you got two now and I hear you have a soprano too...holy moly
happy strummings man..... as always, chuckie did an amazing job, love the abalone and flamed koa....

Ah, it is truly Christmas in August. Evidently our UU memebers have been very nice this year! Congratulations Hodge! What a beauty!

Congratulations. I love the M Wave logo, says everything that needs to be said.

You guys should also post to the Moore Bettah thread so we can see them all together and will also be reminded when the next lucky owner gets one.

Gorgeous! And congratulations!

With the big lot of MBs arriving lately, does this mean there is room on the wait list now? You all could have your very own section of the forum, not just a thread, like the VIPs. There's probably enough owners to even have your very own forum, like the Tacoma guitar forum. I think there are about as many registered there as there are MB owners here. :cool:

PS: Your lovely cat was a nice intro, and the phenomenal color in the koa looks like it matches your cat. Is that coincidence?

Last edited:
I've said before that it is difficult to pick a favorite uke that Chuck built because he is still building them and each time he reveals another glimpse of his handiwork we are awestruck again. There are also many great choices for amazing wood combinations when building a uke, to me though the traditional solid koa is among the best. There is koa, and then there is koa like in this beautiful uke, the abalone makes it absolutely amazing. A true dream instrument! Congratulations!

Class and elegance galor. Very very well done Doc. This instrument is a fine cigar, single malt scotch and vintage MGB sports car rolled up into one. I love Moore Bettah ukuleles that just allow their natural beauty to shine through. This is a shining example of that, congratulations.

Also love Moore Beattah ukuleles that allow their natural beauty to shine through. Would probably be my choice.
Though some of the inlays, rosettes etc. on this latest batch took my breath away.:eek:

Thanks everyone!

Have to share some sounds with you. As beautiful as this uke is, it has the sound that matches its looks, awesome. I've played a lot of excellent ukes, but this one is in a class by itself. And I mean that!

While it sounded excellent on the first day, I've been working it over the last 4 days, and I'm ready to post a
1st sound sample (C tuningwith South Coast HML-RW with Fremont Soloist Low G)
https://app.box.com/s/ch6uoubh8su9g9qxgxd0

Recorded with a Blue Snowflake and Audacity, without any effects or filters.

And another pic!
P1060745s_zps47d7c029.jpg

Last edited:
Gee, that doesn't look nor sound good at all, Doc. You should let me take it off your hands, Hundred dollars, cash money, small bills ...

Top Bottom