what are you reading?

"God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much. "
Nice sig line. I'm beginner to understand these things.

I dont know where Hollywood got their story from for all the countless Dracula films but they bear very little relation to the book!

"God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much. "
Nice sig line. I'm beginner to understand these things.

Yeah, old age started downhill (for me about 79) and it’s been getting worser and worser. Every week or two somethin’ else stops workin’. But somedays are allright. Just good enough to make one wanna try it a little longer.

I guess one just hangs on and lets the Doctors run his/her life — ahhh, well . . . :eek:ld:

I dont know where Hollywood got their story from for all the countless Dracula films but they bear very little relation to the book!

I don’t know the Dracula book, but I read some of Frankinstein a long time ago. I don’t remember why I quit, but I know it’s nowhere near the movie story.

When I was a kid I really enjoyed the Abbott and Costello movie about the monsters. I’ve seen it a lotta times. And I had a friend who just loved Dracula movies. I thought the bloodsucker was icky.

Ha! We usta go around saying “I want to bite your neck” in a East Europe accent. Ha! Those eyes . . . :eek:ld:

ahoy

am in book business
should have read this 25 years ago

Max Perkins Editor of Genius

still in the stacks
mac

I'm catching up on a few magazines. I just got the Spring 2017 Ukulele mag.

What do you think of UM? Are you red-hot interested? I find it less so, though I enjoy the pictures and the adds. Of course, some of the articles and music pieces are helpful and interesting, but I don't think I'm gonna subscribe again.

There's too much showbizz and "people" articles for me. I don't really know what I expected when I signed up. :eek:ld:

ahoy Dick

could not agree more, lots of photos, empty space, large print, little serious content

still in the stacks
mac

ahoy Dick

could not agree more, lots of photos, empty space, large print, little serious content

still in the stacks
mac

Yeah, I dropped my subscription. Now I’m trying to figger out what to do with all the magazines. I’ve got flute mags, tuba mags, just plain music mags and even some old Bicycling Mags. Heck, I could start a magazine stand. I guess there’s one born every minute.

No fool like an old fool . . . :eek:ld:

Have to say that tho its become a legend, the book Dracula is quite boring in places. It consists of diary events and letters. It has good moments but on the whole its very dry!

I’m about 130 pages into John Bright’s History of Israel :)
I appreciate the research and labor in putting all his conclusions together.
While I may not agree with all of them, I’m finding it very interesting and insightful.
There’s a lot to chew on with hundreds more pages to go!

Meanwhile, keep uke’in’,

PS please check out my “crazy g” post here and the YouTube video “uncle rod crazy g” :)

The book of the death, not the egicipcian one, a novel by Douglas Preaston and Lincoln Child good reading for doctor apointments and planes

Top Bottom