what are you reading?

I'm finishing up "ZBurbia, Parkway to Hell", which is funny yet intense, and before that read "Dust" by Arthur Slade. Beautifully written. Before that, "Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives" by David Eagleman, which I loved! I thought it particularly humorous and touching and brilliant. I just downloaded "Devolution" by Lars Emmerich as a freebie, will see what he's all about.

Wow, Peter S. Beagle is still around? I read "The Last Unicorn" and "A Fine and Private Place" 40 years ago. Back when I also discovered Roger Zelazny.

Last edited:
Stephen King's Finders Keepers. It's the follow up to Mr. Mercedes. Interesting tale, like Mr. Mercedes it is a mystery, from a great story teller.

I just started You Can Buy Happiness (And it's Cheap). It's about radically simplifying your life.

THE ANNOTATED SHERLOCK HOLMES (two big volumes) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and William S. Baring-Gould. Exhaustive and exhausting but fun. I found myself inducted into a local Sherlockian society ("Holmes' Hounds") and it is almost required reading.

I am currently reading 'Anger Is An Energy' By John Lydon, the man really knows how to string a sentence together, well written and an intelligent insight into the life of a Sex Pistol

I am currently reading 'Anger Is An Energy' By John Lydon, the man really knows how to string a sentence together, well written and an intelligent insight into the life of a Sex Pistol

Bought that last month to read on the plane. Looking forward to it.

Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life by Jon Lee Anderson

51ZCs0lN2JL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A fascinating person. I'm looking forward to arranging a trip to the mausoleum at Santa Clara next week, where his remains are interred.

@VegasGeorge, have you read "Proficient Motorcycling" or "Total Control" yet? The latter was really helpful for me. Wonder how they compare to your moto book? I should probably re-read TC or something new.

I am reading "I Am Spock" and way too much r/NoSleep.

I developed a strange fascination with Violins recently and am currently reading 'the life and work of Antonio Stradivari'. Just a phase, it will pass...... Probably only like violins cos they've also got 4 strings

@VegasGeorge, have you read "Proficient Motorcycling" or "Total Control" yet? The latter was really helpful for me. Wonder how they compare to your moto book? I should probably re-read TC or something new.

+1 for Total Control & Proficient Motorcycling. I also took an advanced course with Lee Parks about a year ago and it was so good for my riding. I recommend if the opportunity comes up!

I just finished reading Jonathan Franzen's new book, "Purity". A wild yarn with vivid characters who have stuck with me since I finished it. Not a perfect book, but a page-turner and a lot of things to think about and interpret.

Fiction-wise, this week's novel is "A Small Town in Germany" (boring title), one of John le Carré espionage novels (1968, I believe). Little hard to get into, bit of a convoluted style by today's thriller standards (which is in part why I'm reading it), but it's shaping up to become a page turner.

As far as non-fiction goes, I'm re-reading Esther Hick's "Ask and it is Given", a text book on Jainism ("Jainism: An Introduction" by Jeffery Long), and an e-book for Ulysses, the iPad/Mac writing app.

Just finished The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. An extremely well written story of two sisters during WWII France. A fearful time, so well written that you feel that you are there.

Top Bottom