Song Help Request atlanta moan

Oh man, I have never heard anything I liked any better than that! That is so blue ....blue .....bluuuuuuuuuue! What a great little performance! Thanks for posting about it!

Last edited:
guys just had a reply from Ken Middleton ref this song its a 12 bar G,C,D enjoy aint it just an amazing piece of music ;)

Atlanta Moan backing track

I have made a backing track of Atlanta Moan to practice with. It's 12 bar blues in the key of G with D7 as the turn around chord on the 12 th Bar. If you're new to finger picking it helps to play alternate forms of G,C and D further up the neck to assist with the picking. The sing along segment is an MP4 video.
http://www.karaukey.com/sing-along.html

The backing is actually made up of 7 individual tracks. In order to turn individual tracks on and off, and change the tempo, better quality sound etc. you would need to download a suitable player (free on the website if you have a windows PC). If you do that let me know and I will send you the backing track file to go with the player.

Last edited:
Just to add a footnote. I've added Atlanta Moan to my last 2 meet ups now. It's a great, laid back, 12 bar blues song. Easy to play and to pick or add simple improvs. A definite hit with the group.

Top Bottom