Where. Is everyone?

the UU changing..new group....not like it used to be.....:)

In my experience, uke players are more often than not the exception to the musicians-as-night-owls stereotype. Except me - I'm on vacation (staycation, though I hate that word) this week and I've fallen into my natural sleep 'til 11am/stay up 'til 3am cycle all too easily. The hard part will be setting the alarm for 7am when Monday rolls around...

You Americans keep strange hours, anyway. When we, in the Mother country, adopted Greenwich Mean Time, it regularised our train timetables wonderfully. Why don't you follow our lead? Different parts of your country seem to operate on different time schedules.

I find it most puzzling.

John Colter.

You Americans keep strange hours, anyway. When we, in the Mother country, adopted Greenwich Mean Time, it regularised our train timetables wonderfully. Why don't you follow our lead? Different parts of your country seem to operate on different time schedules.

I find it most puzzling.

John Colter.

It must be convenient to live in such a tiny little geographic location that shares a single time zone ;)

Doesn't anyone stay up late? To talk about music stuff? Or anything else? What a boring bunch we are. :eek:ld:

I was up late last night - I think I finally went to bed at 7:40.

In my experience, uke players are more often than not the exception to the musicians-as-night-owls stereotype. Except me - I'm on vacation (staycation, though I hate that word) this week and I've fallen into my natural sleep 'til 11am/stay up 'til 3am cycle all too easily. The hard part will be setting the alarm for 7am when Monday rolls around...
The system shows your posts relevant to my local time here in Oz. So it was 6.15 pm here when you posted this. lol

In retirement, I find myself living in several time zones: bed time, meal time, bath time, nap time, potty time, and the cycle repeats over and over. Oh, I almost forgot Ukulele time!

In retirement, I find myself living in several time zones: bed time, meal time, bath time, nap time, potty time, and the cycle repeats over and over. Oh, I almost forgot Ukulele time!
Wonderful quote. Must remember that. Must remember what?? :music::music:

I find it most puzzling.

John Colter.

It does make for some mental adjustments. Great Britain will soon find itself with the same conundrum once the EU fully establishes itself as a controlling federal authority as the US federal government did with the American states.

Meanwhile, it's now 1440Z, breakfast is over, time to get the morning errands done before lunchtime (1700Z) and afternoon music practice.

So what happened to the old group?

They've heard all the questions and read all the answers pertaining to four plastic strings and a thin wooden box :)

"Once the EU fully establishes itself as a controlling federal authority."

NOT IF MY VOTE COUNTS FOR ANYTHING!

Harrumph!

JC.

the UU changing..new group....not like it used to be.....:)

True.

Yesterday I read some kinda uncomplimentary words about UU. It hurt my heart. I love it here -- do my bazillion posts show that? I miss the Aloha spirit that used to abound here. However, I still think it's the best ukulele website.

They've heard all the questions and read all the answers pertaining to four plastic strings and a thin wooden box :)

A little bit of this, but mostly what Sukie said. It's not as "aloha" around here as it used to be. Now there are people trolling for the sake of trolling, mean spirited comments tossed out there as "snark."

If I want that, I can hit up any forum.

I kind of stay in my little niche of UU now.

True.

Yesterday I read some kinda uncomplimentary words about UU. It hurt my heart. I love it here -- do my bazillion posts show that? I miss the Aloha spirit that used to abound here. However, I still think it's the best ukulele website.
Wow Sukie, I hadn't noticed until now, 23000 Plus posts. That's a lot of posts and a member since 2008, that's staying power.

Too many people came in who excelled at cheap shots at others' expense in the name of humor and too much argumentative BS negativity. I never minded the repetition, I either helped or saw that others had helped and moved on. Now I mostly just stop in for UU+ because the live and let live attitude is missing.

It doesn't feel like a healthy & safe family any more. It might as well be a guitar forum. So now I lurk in those and mess around with my guitars and man are my fingers sore.

True. Yesterday I read some kinda uncomplimentary words about UU. It hurt my heart. I love it here -- do my bazillion posts show that? I miss the Aloha spirit that used to abound here. However, I still think it's the best ukulele website.
There is still an undercurrent of aloha because of its in the DNA of the 'ukulele. Personally, I'm find myself watching the videos instead of posting comments.

Top Bottom