Where. Is everyone?

Yeah maybe . . . When you're my age, everyday brings something new. The other day, during my walk, I stumbled and fell. Imagine that! Scraped up a bit, but I don't think anything broke. I could tell you more of my daily surprises, but I'm sure you don't wanna hear about 'em.

Gittin' old ain't for sissies. Just enjoy the good days. Que sera, sera . . . :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Anyone awake out there? It's 0135 here, and I can't stay asleep. I fell asleep on the couch earlier, and that always messes me up.

I think lots of people stay up this late most nights. I wonder what time they get up in the morning. Usually, when I'm up late at night, I still wake up at 0530 or 0600--bummer! Old people are tired all the time, one sees them dozing here-and-there. I wonder why we have trouble sleeping at night.

I know I'm blithering. It's just somethin' ta do I guess. It's better than tossing and turning in bed. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
You're 8 hours behind us over here, in the UK, so whilst we're awake, most of us have already gone out - hope you got some sleep. :)

Edit: You need to get yourself a 'silent' uke so that you can practice without waking others, just sing along in your head rather than out loud. ;)

Last edited:
You're 8 hours behind us over here, in the UK, so whilst we're awake, most of us have already gone out - hope you got some sleep. :)

Edit: You need to get yourself a 'silent' uke so that you can practice without waking others, just sing along in your head rather than out loud. ;)

'Twas a bad night with little sleep. I know about the eight hours difference. Thanks for answering my call. :eek:ld:

I like to go to bed early and wake early.
A bad habit left over from my surfing days.

Don't fight it Dick. That just makes it harder to sleep. Anyway, I don't know if you have a bed time. After I retired I just go to sleep when I'm tired, and I get up when I get up. But I doz off watching TV sometimes too. But I tend to go to bed late and get up late, compared to my friends anyway. But when I wake up at night and can't sleep I like to just lay there and listen to the night sounds. I enjoy doing that. It is relaxing.

Well, heck, woke up at 0300 for the now usual "old man reason" and then tossed and turned until four. Finally, I gave up trying to go back to sleep and got up. I suppose I'll be dozing off, now and again, for the rest of the day. That'll probably keep me me from sleeping well tonight--BLAH!! I wonder why those who are old and weakened and ill and tired all the time can't sleep well (sigh . . .).

I need a sound-proof room where I could whack away at some music when I can't sleep. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Yeah, those might work. There are mutes for banjos, but I don't think they would do the job. I 'spose I could sit in my car and play. Maybe wrapped in a blanket, but it's been very hot here this summer.

I don't like to wear headsets. I was a radio operator in the Air Force for a number of years and grew to dislike them intensely.

I guess it's all just part of being old. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
In my office. On the east side of the house.
Latitude - 27.929382
Longitude - -82.797776

I started taking a magnesium supplement in the evenings or before bed. It seems to help me sleep through the night or at least make it to around 5:30 - 6:00. Before the supplement I was always waking up in the middle of the night if not multiple times in the night.

Well, I'm having Asthma problems now. I've had it all my life, but it's never been a problem until now. It was under control, but just lately it's started acting up. It's not too bad during the day because I use an inhaler, but I can't use it at night.

I wonder what'll be next . . . Old age sure ain't for sissies-- ahhh, well . . . :eek:ld:

Last night I got up for a call of nature at 0300, and then tossed and turned until 0400. Then I got up and read a little Louis L’Amour.

All day long I’m dozing and walking around like a zombie, and, then in a nice, comfy, bed — I can’t sleep! :eek:ld:

Top Bottom