Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 157

Thread: Where. Is everyone?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,858

    Default Where. Is everyone?

    Doesn't anyone stay up late? To talk about music stuff? Or anything else? What a boring bunch we are.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBD
    Kala tenor eight string - gG cC EE AA

    Luna "Peace" concert - Lo - G CEA
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA -
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B

    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift) - C
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - C

    Asthma is not conducive to singing or even whistling.

    God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    the UU changing..new group....not like it used to be.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gold Coast, Qld, Australia
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 50 View Post
    the UU changing..new group....not like it used to be.....
    So what happened to the old group and what was it like?
    http://www.karaukey.com - Ukulele Karaoke - Ukulele Backing Tracks - Strum Class
    http://www.meetup.com/ukulelians - Gold Coast and Hinterland Ukulele Group

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,444

    Default

    In my experience, uke players are more often than not the exception to the musicians-as-night-owls stereotype. Except me - I'm on vacation (staycation, though I hate that word) this week and I've fallen into my natural sleep 'til 11am/stay up 'til 3am cycle all too easily. The hard part will be setting the alarm for 7am when Monday rolls around...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Midlands GB
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    You Americans keep strange hours, anyway. When we, in the Mother country, adopted Greenwich Mean Time, it regularised our train timetables wonderfully. Why don't you follow our lead? Different parts of your country seem to operate on different time schedules.

    I find it most puzzling.

    John Colter.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Aloha, OR
    Posts
    54,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    You Americans keep strange hours, anyway. When we, in the Mother country, adopted Greenwich Mean Time, it regularised our train timetables wonderfully. Why don't you follow our lead? Different parts of your country seem to operate on different time schedules.

    I find it most puzzling.

    John Colter.
    It must be convenient to live in such a tiny little geographic location that shares a single time zone
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

    We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Midlands GB
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    It is - you should try it.

    JC.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    Doesn't anyone stay up late? To talk about music stuff? Or anything else? What a boring bunch we are.
    I was up late last night - I think I finally went to bed at 7:40.
    I read somewhere that 77% of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23% who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.

    ~Jerry Garcia

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gold Coast, Qld, Australia
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janeray1940 View Post
    In my experience, uke players are more often than not the exception to the musicians-as-night-owls stereotype. Except me - I'm on vacation (staycation, though I hate that word) this week and I've fallen into my natural sleep 'til 11am/stay up 'til 3am cycle all too easily. The hard part will be setting the alarm for 7am when Monday rolls around...
    The system shows your posts relevant to my local time here in Oz. So it was 6.15 pm here when you posted this. lol
    http://www.karaukey.com - Ukulele Karaoke - Ukulele Backing Tracks - Strum Class
    http://www.meetup.com/ukulelians - Gold Coast and Hinterland Ukulele Group

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Midlands GB
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    Crikey! Is that the time? I must take my medication.

    JC.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •