Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Where. Is everyone?

Hope your day is going OK, Dick.

I just ordered myself a new chromatic yesterday, going to take at least a week before I get it though, someone else must have got in before me, as I got an email this morning saying it was out of stock.

Such is life, but I'm retired, so I've got all the time in the world & don't have to rush after getting it.

How is your harp playing going, are you back up to speed yet?

I left off playing my ukes to get a grip on my harmonica playing, & found out I'd lost a bit of what I had gained, when I posted a uke video last week.
    Long Neck = Kala KA-SLNG - Ohana SK30M - Ohana SK30L - Ohana CK35L
    Electric = Mahalo 'Surfboard' concert - RISA Solid/Stick concert - RISA Uke Ellie tenor - RISA Solid/Stick tenor
    Concert = Baton Rouge Hotrod - Baton Rouge Sun thinline cutaway - Kala KA-CEME - Kala KA-ASAC
    Tenor = Kala KA-T (fitted with classical guitar strings DGBE)
    Baritone = Lani solid Spruce top - Kala solid Cedar top

You like Chromatics, eh? I thought you just got one about a week or two ago. You must have HAS. Maybe you'd like 10 holers better if you learned how to bend them.

Larry Adler, The Harmonicats, Toots Theilsman and Stevie Wonder are probably all on YouTube, and maybe you learn how to bend (not on your Chromatics though) notes too.

I switched my favorite uke to fifths, and I'm using it to work on Irish banjo stuff quietly -- like in the evening. I live in a condo, so I don't like to be noisy at night.

Well, I'll let you go now. It's about 1600 there - tea time? 'Bye.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBD
    Kala tenor eight string - gG cC EE AA

Luna "Peace" concert - Lo - G CEA
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA -
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B

Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift) - C
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - C

“A man’s got to know his limitations”. - Dirty Harry

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Yeah, I do like diatonics, because there isn't any valve problems with them, but chromatics do have all the notes, I have a valveless chromatic which has seen a bit of action over the winter.

I bought a heating pad for the chromatics to warm up the valves, & it does work, but it's more hassle, ho hum.

I will have another go at bending, some time later in the year most likely.
    Long Neck = Kala KA-SLNG - Ohana SK30M - Ohana SK30L - Ohana CK35L
    Electric = Mahalo 'Surfboard' concert - RISA Solid/Stick concert - RISA Uke Ellie tenor - RISA Solid/Stick tenor
    Concert = Baton Rouge Hotrod - Baton Rouge Sun thinline cutaway - Kala KA-CEME - Kala KA-ASAC
    Tenor = Kala KA-T (fitted with classical guitar strings DGBE)
    Baritone = Lani solid Spruce top - Kala solid Cedar top

I'm currently doing the insomnia thing here on the other side of the pond. Just after 3:00 am local time. Can't get to sleep. I have an episode of Doctor Who to watch - I may go and do that.
    I'd like to be under the sea...

Hey! I know just how you feel. I always wonder if I should get up and read or do some puzzles or whatever, but it always seems to me that one has a better chance of going back to sleep if he/she stays in bed. But, after a while, it becomes very uncomfortable.

We have Dr. Who over here, but I've never watched it.

It's 1930 here, and I'm not even sleepy yet, but I haven't watched TV yet either. TV is a lullaby to me. I curl up on the couch -- just to be comfortable, mind you -- and then my wife wakes me up and tells me how the program ended.

We usta have a relative who went to bed every night at 1800. Then he'd wake up a 0200 and read until breakfast.
    Seems like a kinda good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    We usta have a relative who went to bed every night at 1800. Then he'd wake up a 0200 and read until breakfast.
    I maintained a schedule like that for a while, though for work reasons. It worked better in the winter when it gets dark early than in the summer when it's so hot. My current hours are going to bed at 2am and getting up at 10am, which is a bit of a compromise. Would prefer to get up earlier, around five or so, but job-wise it's not feasible, at least for now.

I wonder what time jollyboy got to sleep.

I wonder what time jollyboy got to sleep.
    Hi DUD Thanks for posting your previous reply. It's very sunny here at the moment and I would really like to get into the habit of going to bed at a reasonable hour and then getting up early in the morning. My body clock doesn't seem to like to work that way though. For some reason my brain is always most active late at night. I finally got to sleep at about 4:30 and then woke up at about 10:00 am this morning. I'm going to try to get a good night's sleep tonight.

I'm having a lotta trouble with sleep time. Sometimes I'm out on my feet at eight and sometimes not. If I'm not dragging around in the evening, I stay up 'til around eleven. TV puts me out even if I like the program. Everyone says that I should take naps during the daytime, but l never do. I'm anti-nap! Sometimes I, like all old guys, hafta get up in the middle of the night, and then, I sometimes can't get back to sleep.

Being old is really a trial. When I was young, I never even dreamed how old age was gonna be. Ahhh, well . . .

I'm having a lotta trouble with sleep time. Sometimes I'm out on my feet at eight and sometimes not. If I'm not dragging around in the evening, I stay up 'til around eleven. TV puts me out even if I like the program. Everyone says that I should take naps during the daytime, but l never do. I'm anti-nap! Sometimes I, like all old guys, hafta get up in the middle of the night, and then, I sometimes can't get back to sleep.

Being old is really a trial. When I was young, I never even dreamed how old age was gonna be. Ahhh, well . . .
    Yeah, I'm not into napping. I find it really messes up my whole day, and makes it even harder to get to sleep at night.

I'm about to hit 50 and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm aware of having less energy than I used to. Plus lately I've had some dental problems which make me feel a bit like I'm slowly starting to fall apart. I try to keep young at heart - I'm especially determined not to become overly rigid in my thinking and to stay open-minded and open to new experiences. And not to be a grumpy old man

Thread Information