Where. Is everyone?

Yeah, that sounds good to me. A little rum, a tune or two, maybe a couple of hula girls and some good company. I'd even wear a lei and a hibiscus behind my ear. :cheers:

I think everyone is nice here.

Thanks, Rllink, with limits I agree. But I'm waiting for those who don't like the UU anymore to explain the difference.:eek:ld:

Thanks, Rllink, with limits I agree. But I'm waiting for those who don't like the UU anymore to explain the difference.:eek:ld:

The people who don't like UU wouldn't be here any more:)

Here's a definition from the Internet. And the Internet never lies!

“Aloha Spirit” is the coordination of mind and heart within each person. It brings each person to the self. Each person must think and emote good feelings to others. In the contemplation and presence of the life force.

A “Akahai” meaning kindness, to be expressed with tenderness

L “Lokahi” meaning unity, to be expressed with harmony

O “Oluolu” meaning agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness

H “Haahaa” meaning humility, to be expressed with modesty

A “Ahonui” meaning patience, to be expressed with perseverance

The people who don't like UU wouldn't be here any more:)

Here's a definition from the Internet. And the Internet never lies!

“Aloha Spirit” is the coordination of mind and heart within each person. It brings each person to the self. Each person must think and emote good feelings to others. In the contemplation and presence of the life force.

A “Akahai” meaning kindness, to be expressed with tenderness

L “Lokahi” meaning unity, to be expressed with harmony

O “Oluolu” meaning agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness

H “Haahaa” meaning humility, to be expressed with modesty

A “Ahonui” meaning patience, to be expressed with perseverance

I love this!

I'm with Rlink in that this is one of the nicer forums on the internet, especially compared to most other places on the internet. It's almost too hippie-dippie-nice-and-lovey :) haha

I think everyone is nice here.

I'm at work right now. I always work midnights, so I'm around somewhere at least 5 nights a week.

I agree, UU has changed - there are more trolls and snarkiness than there used to be. But it is still a lot nicer than some of the other forums I belong to (a travel, computer, sports team and car forum). The sports forum is a horrifically nasty place - but where else can I complain if my team loses or celebrate when we win? The computer forum is split 50/50 between nice folks and really angry, sarcastic, condescending jerks.

The travel forum has mainly pleasant people, but a lot of snobbishness. And the car forum, surprisingly, is quite friendly and welcoming. So on the whole, UU is still a very pleasant place to be -- that aloha spirit still resides here.

As for the long time posters, I think a lot of them have already asked and answered the questions before. So they tend to let newer members post. I suppose there is also something to be said for the enthusiasm of someone just embarking on the ukulele journey being more immersed than people that have already been playing awhile. There are so many old posters I just never see around these parts anymore, I miss them now that they have moved on.

As for time was, I am on here at totally random times - 2:20 am right now. I was asleep, woke up, the iPad is right here by the bed, so until I fall back asleep, might as well check UU.

Last edited:
Maybe we need a new rule. Don't post unless you are playing your ukulele. Snarkiness, nastiness even unhappiness kinda disappear when you're playing a Uke.

asd hju mnb ert .....I just tried posting while playing and using my elbow on the keyboard. I think if I sharpen my elbow and practice more it can be done.

asd hju mnb ert .....I just tried posting while playing and using my elbow on the keyboard. I think if I sharpen my elbow and practice more it can be done.
No need to sharpen elbow for me, Pete. I understand what you wrote.

"Asses eat my grits"

Makes sense.

(Not really, truth be told. No sense at all. But I wanted you to feel Aloha today)

Last edited:
No need to sharpen elbow for me, Pete. I understand what you wrote.

"Asses eat my grits"

Makes sense.

(Not really, truth be told. No sense at all. But I wanted you to feel Aloha today)
I'm suprised anyone understood that . " Aloha " to you Coolkayaker .

Top Bottom