Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Where. Is everyone?

Kerrville, TX - Heart of the Fabulous Texas Hill Country

In retirement, I find myself living in several time zones: bed time, meal time, bath time, nap time, potty time, and the cycle repeats over and over. Oh, I almost forgot Ukulele time!
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    In retirement, I find myself living in several time zones: bed time, meal time, bath time, nap time, potty time, and the cycle repeats over and over. Oh, I almost forgot Ukulele time!
    Wonderful quote. Must remember that. Must remember what??

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    You Americans keep strange hours, anyway. When we, in the Mother country, adopted Greenwich Mean Time, it regularised our train timetables wonderfully. Why don't you follow our lead? Different parts of your country seem to operate on different time schedules.

I find it most puzzling.

John Colter.
    It does make for some mental adjustments. Great Britain will soon find itself with the same conundrum once the EU fully establishes itself as a controlling federal authority as the US federal government did with the American states.

Meanwhile, it's now 1440Z, breakfast is over, time to get the morning errands done before lunchtime (1700Z) and afternoon music practice.
    ...SteveZ

Ukuleles: Martin T1K (T), Oscar Schmidt OU28T (T8), Lanikai LU-6 (T6), RISA Solid (C), Effin UkeStart (C)
    Banjo-Ukes: Duke 10 (T), Lanikai LB6-S (S)
    Tenor Guitars: Martin TEN515, Blueridge BR-40T
    Tenor Banjo: Deering Goodtime 17-Fret
    Mandolin: Burgess (#7)

The inventory is always in some flux, but that's part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KaraUkey View Post
    So what happened to the old group?
    They've heard all the questions and read all the answers pertaining to four plastic strings and a thin wooden box

"Once the EU fully establishes itself as a controlling federal authority."

NOT IF MY VOTE COUNTS FOR ANYTHING!

Harrumph!

JC.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 50 View Post
    the UU changing..new group....not like it used to be.....
    True.

Yesterday I read some kinda uncomplimentary words about UU. It hurt my heart. I love it here -- do my bazillion posts show that? I miss the Aloha spirit that used to abound here. However, I still think it's the best ukulele website.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    They've heard all the questions and read all the answers pertaining to four plastic strings and a thin wooden box
    A little bit of this, but mostly what Sukie said. It's not as "aloha" around here as it used to be. Now there are people trolling for the sake of trolling, mean spirited comments tossed out there as "snark."

If I want that, I can hit up any forum.

I kind of stay in my little niche of UU now.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    True.

Yesterday I read some kinda uncomplimentary words about UU. It hurt my heart. I love it here -- do my bazillion posts show that? I miss the Aloha spirit that used to abound here. However, I still think it's the best ukulele website.
    Wow Sukie, I hadn't noticed until now, 23000 Plus posts. That's a lot of posts and a member since 2008, that's staying power.
    http://www.karaukey.com - Ukulele Karaoke - Ukulele Backing Tracks - Strum Class
    http://www.meetup.com/ukulelians - Gold Coast and Hinterland Ukulele Group

Too many people came in who excelled at cheap shots at others' expense in the name of humor and too much argumentative BS negativity. I never minded the repetition, I either helped or saw that others had helped and moved on. Now I mostly just stop in for UU+ because the live and let live attitude is missing.

It doesn't feel like a healthy & safe family any more. It might as well be a guitar forum. So now I lurk in those and mess around with my guitars and man are my fingers sore.
    I should be curling up with a good uke, a book and my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    True. Yesterday I read some kinda uncomplimentary words about UU. It hurt my heart. I love it here -- do my bazillion posts show that? I miss the Aloha spirit that used to abound here. However, I still think it's the best ukulele website.
    There is still an undercurrent of aloha because of its in the DNA of the 'ukulele. Personally, I'm find myself watching the videos instead of posting comments.
    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.” ― Catherine Aird

Thread Information