Where. Is everyone?

I searched a thread from only July 2013. On that particular thread, all familiar names, all gone. (Oldepharte, Sporin, Nuprin, PaulDecember, PDXUke, blah blah). Both funny and sad how UU cycles.

Last edited:
coolkayaker1, yeah, I thought a similar thing recently. I wondered how many of the three or four newbies a day we welcome stay around and really learn how to play the Uke. Some of them buy expensive Ukes too, and we never hear from them again. I wonder how many of those Kamakas and Martins are stuck in closets or hanging on walls. :eek:ld:

coolkayaker1, yeah, I thought a similar thing recently. I wondered how many of the three or four newbies a day we welcome stay around and really learn how to play the Uke. Some of them buy expensive Ukes too, and we never hear from them again. I wonder how many of those Kamakas and Martins are stuck in closets or hanging on walls. :eek:ld:

I can only speak for myself of course, but in general - unless I have a specific question, or something I believe is helpful to contribute to a discussion, the less I post, the more time it means I'm spending playing - either playing ukulele, or playing outdoors! My Kamakas are definitely not stuck in the closet or hanging on the wall. I check UU from time to time when I have downtime at work, but as I'm a computer serf for a living, I try my darndest to stay off the computer when I'm off the clock.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself of course, but in general - unless I have a specific question, or something I believe is helpful to contribute to a discussion, the less I post, the more time it means I'm spending playing - either playing ukulele, or playing outdoors! My Kamakas are definitely not stuck in the closet or hanging on the wall. I check UU from time to time when I have downtime at work, but as I'm a computer serf for a living, I try my darndest to stay off the computer when I'm off the clock.

Well, I'm pretty much a loner, but I like to talk to people. I usta go to bars to socialize, but I don't do that any more. I really enjoyed our talks about books.

I find the stuff that other people do very interesting, and I enjoy learning. :eek:ld:

Well, I'm pretty much a loner, but I like to talk to people. I usta go to bars to socialize, but I don't do that any more. I really enjoyed our talks about books.

I find the stuff that other people do very interesting, and I enjoy learning. :eek:ld:
You might wanna check out the Leaderboard Ohnku Honu thread then.

S
I'm sorry, sukie, but I don't know what you're talking about. :eek:ld:

It's a thread. Usually somewhere on the forums first page. It's chat....all chat...almost all the time. We are called pohos.. Short for post whores. We post a lot. (See my post count). We are just a bunch of UUers who talk about most anything. We love newcomers. Right now there is a lot of chat about beer (beer?). Topics can turn on a dime. But, if you just want someplace to gab, that is the place. Some of those people have become very good friends. We have visited each other and, of course, meet together at UWC. Everyone is welcome.

S

It's a thread. Usually somewhere on the forums first page. It's chat....all chat...almost all the time. We are called pohos.. Short for post whores. We post a lot. (See my post count). We are just a bunch of UUers who talk about most anything. We love newcomers. Right now there is a lot of chat about beer (beer?). Topics can turn on a dime. But, if you just want someplace to gab, that is the place. Some of those people have become very good friends. We have visited each other and, of course, meet together at UWC. Everyone is welcome.

Is that what it stands for?! :)

We're a dysfunctional group (in a mostly good way) and we have our characters just like any family and like Sukie said, we love to have more people to chat with. Come on by and just introduce yourself, the rest will take care of itself. Good people. Good fun.

Just remember, DUD, that if you use the little green markers to know which threads you've replied to and are following, replying to any one of the "eternal threads" can be full of regret. ;). I'm still trying to find and delete my Jokes You Wish You Told joke from 2012.

Last edited:
Don't have to have controversy to make the forums interesting, we just need sincere posters and questions. :)

Well, okay, peeps. Now that we have all the controversy and snarkiness out of the way, let's get a good old late night gab fest going. Just friendly stuff for those of us who stay up late. Let's exchange a little late night fun and maybe some good info amongst us. Got any problems -- Uke or nonuke?

My Aquila strings squeak when I pick them. I guess it don't hurt nothin', but I don't like it. My hands are reasonably clean and dry. And I have no idea how to stop the squeaks -- any ideas?

I'll be back. Later! :eek:ld:

Well, here I am again, a glass of brandy, a nice quiet house, and no one to talk to. Again I ask, doesn't anyone stay up late any more?

I'm gettin' where I hate to go to bed any more; all that tossing and turning--I'm hot, I'm cold, the house is making noises, it's too quiet . . . 50 years ago, I'd be out partying.

So, anybody up? Anybody wanna talk? Gotta gripe? Can't sleep? Too hot--or cold? I'm here . . . :eek:ld:

Well, here I am again, a glass of brandy, a nice quiet house, and no one to talk to. Again I ask, doesn't anyone stay up late any more?

I'm gettin' where I hate to go to bed any more; all that tossing and turning--I'm hot, I'm cold, the house is making noises, it's too quiet . . . 50 years ago, I'd be out partying.

So, anybody up? Anybody wanna talk? Gotta gripe? Can't sleep? Too hot--or cold? I'm here . . . :eek:ld:

Your 11:30PM is my 2:30AM, and my all-nighter days are long since past. It's now 8:30AM for me and 5:30AM for you - are you sleeping?

Got a question, though. How do you like the "reentrant C" on the Gold Tone tenor banjolele? I have both my B-Us straight CGDA, but have tenor and concert ukes with the "reentrant C." Have been thinking about converting the SideKick B-U to GDAE for the heck of it.

Your 11:30PM is my 2:30AM, and my all-nighter days are long since past. It's now 8:30AM for me and 5:30AM for you - are you sleeping?

Got a question, though. How do you like the "reentrant C" on the Gold Tone tenor banjolele? I have both my B-Us straight CGDA, but have tenor and concert ukes with the "reentrant C." Have been thinking about converting the SideKick B-U to GDAE for the heck of it.

Well, I don't actually use the C string much yet. I'm using the GT as an Irish Banjo and learning to use standard notation on it. I have lots of Irish music. My other one is low C. I like it better, but it's a bit floppy.

How would you get GDAE? I'd like that better, I think. :eek:ld:

Last edited:

Isn't that Ahnk Honu Something Something thread--the one with, like, 20,000 replies--designed for lonely anytime chimes about nothings? I'm not being fascitious, I think that's what the Ahk thread is about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom