Season 135 Pet Sounds!

Here's "Hang on to Your Ego", the original lyrics to "I know there's an answer" before Mike Love talked Brian out of using such druggy weird lyrics.
from wiki: "During vocal overdub sessions in March 1966, Mike Love objected to the possible drug connotations of the title and certain lyrics. "I was aware that Brian was beginning to experiment with LSD and other psychedelics ... The prevailing drug jargon at the time had it that doses of LSD would shatter your ego, as if that were a positive thing ... I wasn't interested in taking acid or getting rid of my ego."[1] As Love later admitted that he would actively refuse to sing some lyrics of Pet Sounds,[11] he reasoned: "[It] was too much of a doper song for me. So I came up with the alternative lyric, which reflected finding yourself. "

The Beach Boys always had a square side,

You can't tell me that there wasn't a huge drug influence behind "Vegetables"!

Howdy Gang and what a great season and many thanks for my dear pal Alan for hosting. Here is my first offering for this weeks season as a massive dog lover and also scared of them to, i was knocked over and unconscious by 2 dogs running at me lol but growing up we always had dogs, i miss not having one now, my dear dads dog is still with us but lives with my sister, Bell is her name and boy we were inseparable when my dad died she was my tonic as my rock (the wife /boss) was the other side of the world so bell was my constant companion I still love visiting her, anyway i digress, here is a classic dog weepie, been covered gazillions of times and two of my faverouite singer s have done it Elvis and Johnny cash, so ladies and gentlemen here is " Ol Sheep"

And hello again fellow seasonista chums here is my second offering of the day and another dog related song, i discovered thil little gem whilst researching songs for this weeks theme, that's the beauty of the seasons, finding songs we probably would never coma across. So ladies and gentlefolk may i present to you " Dog house Boogie"

Not trying to steal any of Philly's thunder but we must have both been singing this song at the same exact moment.
His version is really terrific.

This one falls into the category of "other cool animals". *Note the new uke- I just got it before recording this. I've wanted this one for a long time. So excited!

Oh, so many memories. This brings back the time when my Mum and Dad bought their first "radiogram". It had a tilt out record player. One of the first records they bought me was a Petula Clark double record. It was actually a 78rpm size i.e.10 inch, but it played at 33 rpm. Although most 33rpm records those days were 10 inch, but were normally "long players". It was 2 records, one track per side,and featured Singing on a Star, Christopher Robin at Buckingham Palace, Where Did My Snowman Go, and Never Smile at a Crocodile. I guess they might all be relevant for Season 136 just announced.

last entry for pet sounds week...and this covers 2 bases...a song about a pet, and the pet was...wait for it...brian wilson's from the beach boys!
also, some really scary falsetto...so, be warned!

cheers all!

Harry did "The Cat Came Back" which reminded me of another cat came back song (early progenitor perhaps?) and the style fit with my new toy so...

Now all of my SEUKER pals from today's jam are Seasonistas, too!
Sorry for the sideways camera. Southside Mike said to me, "They could be in your Season with this song!" and I was off to make a goofy turn around the clubhouse.

Be sure to check with us if you're going to be visiting ATL on the the 1st or 3rd Sunday of any month or the 1st Thursday so you can join in, mmkay?

My wife has a pet gopher. :)

Had to add this photo to show you how many Seasonistas it take to recreate some of those fine, fine Dougf chords. I call this group the Frinkophiles and Ginny was there, too, in her office capturing the moment when she realized how rare it was to recreate the Frink power chord:
frinkophiles.jpg

Top Bottom