brown brought my new uke!

Redeyejedi

Reaction score
i ordered a kala from mim's ukes last week. really great service!
i have an old soprano that got new strings, sanded the saddle and frets a bit... was able to get a noticeable improvement but still a bit compact for me. i prefer the larger concerts and the tenor i just got.
i know there are better ukes out there, but being i have only been playing for a couple weeks and i thinks it's a fine starter uke.

- Aaron

pics...

TVDVYGVl.jpg

ZcbbNCSl.jpg

FfDdtsdl.jpg

vyqhbIrl.jpg

That's a neat looking uke! Congrats. It's way nicer than what I started with. There's nothing shameful about getting a Kala, as long as you like it, expecially if it came from Mim!

Nice uke! I think it's much more than a "starter uke." Well into the "intermediate" category. Light, resonant, beautiful, ..........a solid good sounding player. Congrats.

Nice uke! I think it's much more than a "starter uke." Well into the "intermediate" category. Light, resonant, beautiful, ..........a solid good sounding player. Congrats.

Exactely what Phil said X2. Those all solid acacia Kala ukes are excellent. Great sound, quality construction and very nicely appointed.
You could play along time before you ever outgrow this one. Congratulations on a beautiful tenor you should be very proud to own.

Now go wear the flesh off your finger tips learning how to play it

Thank you very much everyone!
I had begun practicing on the old soprano i have,h but found it a bit cramped. i feel way more free on the tenor.
learning has been really fun. there are some great resources here and hms, and uncle rob's, and so many more. relearning to read notes has been interesting. being a visual guy i like the cheat sheets that show chord shapes, but i think that's slowing down my grasping of uke theory. i understand the CAGFD shapes repeat and can be tweaked, but get lost in the part when discussion of 'root notes' and how to find the notes that make the chord come into play. i've watched Can Always Go Fishing Daytime video, like 5 times and read another piece on it but i still don't quite get it. i began reading ukuleletheoryfornoobs thread here, but i get confused in lesson 3 :( (no knock to the OP)
gonna watch the vid a few more times and found a guitar book that discusses some other topics of interest, so i will keep tryn to make sense of it.
-Aaron

Lovely instrument!! Your acacia is so beautiful. Those Kalas are beautiful.

Ok, maybe I am biased... because I did sell it to ya! But I also am honest with my ukulele opinions! I think the all-solid Acacia is the best ukulele offered by Kala! Now, I really like almost all Kalas based on the price point! So, not saying the other models arent great in their own way too! But at that price point the Kala Acacia is a great ukulele, has a great ukulele sound, and always sets up really nice! I am glad you like it! I love seeing ukuleles in their new homes!

It looks great, Aaron. Kala is a solid player, and you'll learn a lot on your new one.

Lovely instrument!! Your acacia is so beautiful. Those Kalas are beautiful.

Thanks Jenny, it sounds pretty rad too!
It looks so nice in the case, but doesn't remain there for too long!

Ok, maybe I am biased... because I did sell it to ya! But I also am honest with my ukulele opinions! I think the all-solid Acacia is the best ukulele offered by Kala! Now, I really like almost all Kalas based on the price point! So, not saying the other models arent great in their own way too! But at that price point the Kala Acacia is a great ukulele, has a great ukulele sound, and always sets up really nice! I am glad you like it! I love seeing ukuleles in their new homes!

I do like it very much! It's my first uke at this price point and not regretting in any way at all. First of several.
Thanks again Mim!

It looks great, Aaron. Kala is a solid player, and you'll learn a lot on your new one.

with the real estate the tenor has over the soprano, at my level, i think it will allow me to learn more smoothly

all in all, i am super stoked on the uke, super stoked to have found an awesome welcoming ukueommunity with tons of resources and learning tools, and stoked silly to be learning music.

Top Bottom