I'm thankful for...

Great thread Sukie, although snarkiness is easy to do on the internet and “exciting” read, the UU community has a strong Aloha basis that will always prevail. For that I am thankful. The majority of members are friendly and tolerant of other’s viewpoints (trolls don’t seem to last).

One of my first threads here was when my wife got me a cheapo uke who’s set-up was more conducive to slide that fingering. Newbie me goes straight to the luthier section and asks about recommended setup instead of doing any searching. I had several master ukulele builders nicely tell me what to do and not one called me a dumb ass! In hindsight I am embarrassed that I wrote that post but appreciate their kindness and have tried to pay it forward.

Mahalo all!

Aloha Sukie,
I am thankful for you starting the thread and mentioning me...and I am thankful for UU and the lasting memories and friendshps I made through the years...and that I still can play the uke in my
condition...I am thankful all the ones battling with their health and winning too...and I am thankful Chuckie and Bonnie will be safe with the lava flow and natural disastars that may come their and be safe..I am thankful for UU saving my life and many others...I am thankful for this little instrument that has brought all of us together....the ukulele and bring the world together and find peace

Last edited:
Like a lot of people here, I'm thankful for the people in UU for all the advise and support. I'm thankful that I didn't discover the ukulele until I was 63 years old. I told my wife the other day that I wish that I had started playing the uke a long time ago, and she answered, "why, you wouldn't be having so much fun learning to play it now if you learned how to play it a long time ago." Very good point. I'm thankful that I'm learning to play the ukulele right now and having a great time doing it.

Last edited:
I'm thankful for receiving two ukulele's from two amazing individuals that I never would have kept if they weren't given to me about 5 years ago (unfortunately, I dropped a bottle on my little concert Ohana and have yet been able to fix the sound hole but I still have my Dawgnot Uke). I gave up on the uke (sold my gorgeous Honu Tenor) and now I'm back at it, 4 years later. Hoping, I don't give up this time... but then I'm also thankful for Seeso because I know he won't let me quit, again. ;)

I'm totally thankful for UU. I've been helped and supported in so many ways. If I ever need some juice or help as a beginner I've never failed to get it. There are some really wonderful folk here with great attitudes. U rock UU.

Aloha everyone!
I am thankful for UU and all the wonderful people who make it possible - both those behind the scenes and everyone who participates!
I am also thankful for the Seasons of the Ukulele. What an amazing community of aloha and support.
I also really thank UU for the many friends, both physical and virtual, that I have met as a direct result of this forum. Not to mention UWC...
Mahalo!

I'm thankful for having a community that challenges me to be better, both as a person, and as a musician.

And the people I've met along the way, on line and especially in person.

So a special Thank You to Carrie, Dave, Mel, Gillian, Mark, Kevin, Tony, Mim, Rick, Gary, Jon, Dick, Bruce, Stan, MGM, Andrew... Oh heck, I'm seeing lots of faces, but the names aren't coming!

So Thank You All, for Everything!

Sukie, it's never to early for thanksgiving!
Great idea. There's a FB page called Gratitude that I make frequent visits to. One of the neatest ways to show gratitude to the Universe is to not bitch. The less I gripe, the better life is.
I think we should all spend a little time, at least, each day, living in an Attitude of Gratitude! Richard Mekdici even wrote a song about it...
I'm grateful that I know you guys, and for UU, and for all my ukes!

I'm so glad that this topic came up, because as of today I am new to UU. I've gone on here a few times just to look at threads for advice on what strings to buy (that sort of thing), but for some reason I just decided to make an account today. So, I'm thankful for being a newbie and looking forward to being part of your awesome community!
Mahalo, Chris

Welcome back, Melissa. Is your spousal unit still in the Army? Ric

Thanks!

He has been out for a couple of years now. He was laid off shortly after we moved across the country for a job so he is now in school for Computer Science in Washington State. I just moved to Phoenix because he has a good chance of getting a job about 4 hours from here (little town). I just wanted to get here asap because I want to go back to school and need to establish residency.

I'm thankful for the Sun City Ukulele Club and the great people who show up every week! and for this forum to feed my uke craziness...

I am thankful for many things.
Some of my Uke related thanks:
My local Uke group which provides support and encouragement in my musical endeavors.
Blues Angel Music which supports my Uke group
UU which has increased my Uke knowledge and provided Uke fellowship
Coursera which provides free online courses which has increased my knowledge of music theory.
Cliff

I am grateful for 'discovering' the ukulele and the community, both on-line and local for their generosity and support. This has added a new element of joy in my life and prepares me to do battle with the boring and mundane.

I'm thankful for the Uplifting, kind souls on Ukulele Underground. Y'all have helped me so much, have inspired me, have made me braver than I thought I could be in trying new things. Thank you for putting up with my weird, sappy self. :shaka:

I'm thankful Manuel Nunes, Augusto Dias, and Jose Santo decided they wanted to make instruments instead of working in the sugar cane fields.

I'm thankful for UU and all the forms that takes for me: the camaraderie of the forums in general and the Seasons of the Ukulele in particular; UU+ and the push to be a better player; and the spirit of Aloha the entire site engenders. But I have to be most thankful that I found the instrument itself, after a lifetime of searching for the right musical instrument to bond with.

Top Bottom