Hello :)

MrToon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I have been wanting to play guitar for many years and I finally began to learn 2 months ago. I found it extremely difficult to switch chords and keep a rhythm and strumming pattern together. After I realized i was going no where with guitar, I decided to buy a ukulele to help me improve my music theory, finger strength and rhythm.

But I fell in love with the instrument. I had no idea that the ukulele was this addictive and so much fun to play. I have now been playing for about 3 weeks non-stop, every single day. I bought a decent Stagg concert ukulele from my local music store. Needless to say I am now a dedicated ukulele player. I love the instrument and I take it everywhere with me.

I look forward to getting to know this wonderful community more.

Welcome - isn't it nice that you can take your ukulele with you!

Welcome to UU, glad you joined us and glad you found the uke.

Now go sell that six string abomination and get another uke!

Enjoy and keep us posted

Thanks guys. The portability of the uke is incredible. I am a university student and I find myself putting it in my bag and taking it out during breaks and jamming with friends. They were very impressed and a couple of them were inspired to buy ukes and start learning too. Haven't touched a guitar since.

Hey there, Aloha! Great story about carrying with and jamming with friends. I'd like to be in your group!

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Thanks guys. The portability of the uke is incredible. I am a university student and I find myself putting it in my bag and taking it out during breaks and jamming with friends. They were very impressed and a couple of them were inspired to buy ukes and start learning too. Haven't touched a guitar since.
Hi, Welcome to UU. I've got a workshop introducing the Uke to students at a local Uni coming up in a week or so. What kind of songs do you play. Cheers

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Would love to have you in our group VegasGeorge :)

KaraUkey- That workshop sounds great. I play a lot of Bob Marley and focused a lot on learning his songs. Big fan of Bob and I think his songs sound fantastic on the Uke! Other examples are Ripetide, Little talks, Fast car, any songs that have a fairly simple chord progression. Still an amateur for now :p

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Would love to have you in our group VegasGeorge :)

KaraUkey- That workshop sounds great. I play a lot of Bob Marley and focused a lot on learning his songs. Big fan of Bob and I think his songs sound fantastic on the Uke! Other examples are Ripetide, Little talks, Fast car, any songs that have a fairly simple chord progression. Still an amateur for now :p
Yep. Bob Marley songs are great. We also do a few U2 songs that are easy for people starting out Angel of Harlem and All I want is you.

Welcome aboard! There are a lot of cool people here. Enjoy yourself and play the uke!

Top Bottom